Stihl 031av chain saw points setting/cleaning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will this bar and chain work on my 031av?

new stihl 18 inch 3/8 0.50 66 dbl bar and chain with bar cover.

also what brand sparkplug are you all using Bosch?

what brand sparkplug are you all using Bosch?

Well. they came with a Bosch sparkplug and the number was,,,,,,WKA175T6.

Don't look for that plug though, as they don't make them anymore. I just use a Champion CJ7Y in my 041 and it runs fine. Most guys don't like Champion though.

Bob

Yes, I use Stabil in my mix. I run Stihl Ultra oil in the mix that is supposed to have a stabilizer in it, but I still add the stabil. I don't know if it helps or not, but I haven't had any fuel problems.

Bob

I'll do the same. the 031av manual said to use stihl 40:1 mix but the Stihl high performance 2 cycle oil I have from dealer is 50:1. I take it this was a chance over the years and the 50:1 will work just fine?

Any special requirements for the bar oil and what would happen if saw is run without chain oil?

Last edited:
50:1 will be fine, but 40:1 will be OK as well. You can get into quite an argument about oil here on AS!!!

Just use any regular old "bar oil", not used motor oil or 30 weight. There is a winter grade of bar oil for cold temps that is thinner than regular bar oil. The brand doesn't seem to matter much. Bar oil has a tackifier in it that helps it stick to the chain better than regular motor oil.

Bob

Will this Stilh bar and chain 3003 000 6813 work on my 031av?

just go to your local dealer and ask which bar and chain combo will work for your saw,

the bar should be fine, guess you are buying it from e-crap

Looks like to company is All seasons that makes the red chainsaw oil.

Designed for lubrication of the cutting chain and bar of all modern chan saws. Formulated to prevent wear. Gives excellent rust protection. Contains tackiness to keep throw off to a minimum. Contains red dye so operator can see chain being lubricated. Blended to the exact viscosity for summer use and has high viscosity to resist thinning in warmer climates. This All Season Bar & Chain Oil is one of many top quality items in our Chainsaw Bar Oil department.

Latest posts

Back