Stihl 031AV part question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

upnrunnin

Reaction score
I was just recently give an older Stihl 031AV chain saw. Saw has no spark so I plan on converting it to the electronic ignition with the electronic module piece. Since I cannot seem to find an illustrated parts list for this old saw I have a question some of you may be able to help me with. There is a plastic piece that was "rattling" around in the fuel tank. I assumed it was the fuel filter but it was not. It is a round white plastic piece that has a orange/pink piece inside that looks like some sort of check valve. what is this piece and where in the world does it go?????

Thank you,
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_20170105_112329.jpg
    IMG_20170105_112329.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20170105_112338.jpg
    IMG_20170105_112338.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 2
I was just recently give an older Stihl 031AV chain saw. Saw has no spark so I plan on converting it to the electronic ignition with the electronic module piece. Since I cannot seem to find an illustrated parts list for this old saw I have a question some of you may be able to help me with. There is a plastic piece that was "rattling" around in the fuel tank. I assumed it was the fuel filter but it was not. It is a round white plastic piece that has a orange/pink piece inside that looks like some sort of check valve. what is this piece and where in the world does it go?????

Thank you,
Jim
Check your inbox for an ipl and service manual.

Latest posts

Back