• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 038 Super (price reduced)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the significance of "Super Magnum" tag? I've never heard of Stihl making a "Super Magnum" but I have seen the tag by itself before.

I always thought it was just a tag people put on themselves. I didn't think it was an actual designation by Stihl. But I'm not 100%

Right but there's a super or a magnum...but what's the super Magnum? I'm just curious because of the reasons I stated before. Didn't know if someone had a definitive answer

??? Maybe
774ae6086dfd7b4662e5b294f45698c7.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look like a Stihl tag but I've seen plenty of replica tags that look like OEM.

Ok enough with saying someone slapped this am tag on this saw! This saw is ALL OEM! the old guy that owned it never did anything but cut logs.

HS -

I don't think it's all OEM. I think the consensus is that Stihl never made a Super Magnum. They made a Super. And they made a Magnum. But never a Super Magnum. So the tag isn't a Stihl item.

I would recommend doing a bit of homework to see exactly what you have there.

Good luck.

Scott

So I looked close at badge and went ahead a pulled a decal off and found it to say 038 Super. But I did find an interesting article on this on another site. Long story short dealers up in northwest Washington would produce different badges for marketing purposes.

My apologies to anyone that might have been offended.

Price change $400 with bar $325 without

Back