• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 038 Super (price reduced)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I looked close at badge and went ahead a pulled a decal off and found it to say 038 Super. But I did find an interesting article on this on another site. Long story short dealers up in northwest Washington would produce different badges for marketing purposes.

My apologies to anyone that might have been offended.

Price change $400 with bar $325 without

A great bomb proof Saw. GLWS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I found this site just looking around for a chainsaw online. I'm sick of the $100 poulans that last a month then won't stay running. Local Stihl dealer has ms250 sale for $300. I only use a chainsaw a few times a year, mostly for fallen trees on my property. Is something like the ms250 going to be unreliable because it's only the "homeowner" category? Trying to figure out if I'd be better off buying something like this used 038 super here for a little more $ or whether a new in box saw would be more reliable than something with this much age. Thanks for any advice.

HS -

I don't think it's all OEM. I think the consensus is that Stihl never made a Super Magnum. They made a Super. And they made a Magnum. But never a Super Magnum. So the tag isn't a Stihl item.

I would recommend doing a bit of homework to see exactly what you have there.

Good luck.

Scott
IMG_5194.PNG
What category do these fall in ?

@newuser It would be better to ask this in the main forum, but these old saws are tanks compared to some of the newer ones, but you won't have much dealer support if something happens to it besides the dealer telling you to buy a new Saw lol

@newuser It would be better to ask this in the main forum, but these old saws are tanks compared to some of the newer ones, but you won't have much dealer support if something happens to it besides the dealer telling you to buy a new Saw lol
I believe my dealer still works on these he sells used 028 all the time.
measure the bore...
If you read the thread you will see where the op pulled the sticker on the cylinder cover and found out the saw is a 038 super. The original badge is under the aftermarket sticker.

Back