• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 038av magnum ii

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

42dallas0

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I found this saw in my dads garage. I dropped it off at the local stihl shop they went through it new fuel line and filter new plug you know typical service. Thing runs great. I was just wondering what is a fair price for this saw. Any input would b great. Mechanically runs perfect cosmetically fair condition run time on this thing has to be low I don't ever remember him ever cutting trees down. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 323
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 312
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 287
Hey everyone. I found this saw in my dads garage. I dropped it off at the local stihl shop they went through it new fuel line and filter new plug you know typical service. Thing runs great. I was just wondering what is a fair price for this saw. Any input would b great. Mechanically runs perfect cosmetically fair condition run time on this thing has to be low I don't ever remember him ever cutting trees down. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to AS ! I would think between 200 to 300. plus shipping

supposed to be 2, maybe missin one?

only saw ive seen w/2x bearing there. would be easy mistake to make.

It's a single caged needle bearing 12 X 16 X 24 with two sets of rollers. Those 038s were built like tanks. Hard to tell if the bearing is there but the washer and e-clip are missing for sure. I'd also take a peek under the clutch cover, to see if the circlip that holds the oil pump spur gear, and/or the spur gear are there.

Worth depends on how it runs, was taken care of, and who wants to buy it. Looks like a new OEM $30 stihl air filter so the service dealer did do something.

I like those old 038s

Back