• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 044 12mm $350 shipped

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brandonstc6

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I have a 12mm pin stihl chainsaw for sale. About a year ago, I replaced the bearings and seals with aftermarket. I replaced the piston rings with cabers. The top cover, air filter cover, clutch cover and carburetor are new and aftermarket. The air filter is oem. The compression release is new and oem. The recoil starter is oem and has a new pulley and paws (oem). The saw has been used a handful of times and has always started for me. The saw runs good and has plenty of power. The cylinder, piston and crank are oem and they are in good condition. The saw has great compression. The fuel tank has patching and reinforcement but it does not leak. It is sold powerhead only. $375 plus shipping. DSCN1279.jpg DSCN1280.jpg DSCN1281.jpg

I thought this one wouldn’t last long, but it’s still available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised. Perhaps everyone is saving up for Christmas shopping. Come on, guys! This would fit perfectly under the Christmas tree! It's either this or a bowling ball for your wife. You know she would prefer a saw. We would!

could I ask what the 12mm vs 10 mm moniker means?

BR,

~TW

That is the diameter of the wrist pin on the piston. The early 044s used a 10mm wrist pin. The newer 044s and the MS440s used a 12mm wrist pin. The crankshaft is bigger on the 12mm pin saws and arguably tougher.

That is the diameter of the wrist pin on the piston. The early 044s used a 10mm wrist pin. The newer 044s and the MS440s used a 12mm wrist pin. The crankshaft is bigger on the 12mm pin saws and arguably tougher.

Thanks! That Was super helpful.

BR,
~TW

I've got to pass on this one but as a new guy Brandon seems like a santd up feller.

BR,

~TW

What's going on in the back by the handle and on the side where the white turns to brown - is that bondo or something? Is that the repaired/reinforced gas-tank area mentioned above?

That is the repaired area mentioned above. The white Is the repaired area, the plastic has turned brown from age. Industrial grade 2 part epoxy plastic was used for the repair.

The part by the clutch cover wasn’t a repair, it was just to reinforce the tank and prevent damage from thrown chains.

Guys I would like to move this saw, I’m trying to gather up a little funding. I’ve been hauling this saw around with me waiting on someone to buy it. Any offers on the saw?

Back