Stihl 044 crank seals

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
image.jpg image.jpg
YESSIR.

STIHL 044. I'VE REBUILT MANY MANY SAWS. NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH A CRANK SEAL INSTALLATION.
Ok so I see in your other posts you know when to use caps and when not to. So I assume you're "yelling". To that I say calm down and lets see if we can get your saw fixed. If you have a 044 and the spacer is not on the crankshaft ,the seal should go in pretty easy. The reason I asked if you were sure the saw was a 044 is because the 046 looks very similar and has the step in the crank that you're talking about. Here's a couple pics of the spacer and crank. Sorry, but they're the only ones I happen to have on my phone. image.jpgimage.jpg

Sorry about the caps shawn022. Totally not yelling or anything of the sort. Haha. My bad. I'm defiantly going to check to see of I left the spacer on the crank. I'm thinking it's gotta be there. Thanks for the photos. On my way home now so I'll look into this asap.

Again sorry about the caps. I'm a mechanical designer and was making prints today. Prints are all caps.

No problem take a look at it and let us know how you make out.
I'm sure you already have the oiler off. The Oiler is on in my picture because it's the only pictures I had on my phone from years ago.

Ok home now and checked what I had going on with the crankseal. The bushing was not on the crankshaft like we thought it was. Here are pics.
ac82d785d66dd7c49eea751f546974ed.jpg

Post a pic of the crankcase above the oil fill cap. If it's square-046. Slanted -044. I'm not seeing the oil output in the crankcase for it to be a 046, maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Back