• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 046 Fuel Tank

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnnysef

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I put my 046 project back together this weekend and I found that the tank has a nice crack in it, so I am now looking for one. I would really like to find a tank with screw caps to match the look of the saw, but a tank without a crack is really what I am after. Please let me know if you what you have, and what your terms are. Thanks for the help.

I have one for you Johnny.
It's attached to a whole saw. I got it in a lot with another 046 as well. It has an AM cylinder on it with a base gasket delete. It fires right up, but ive been to busy to mess with it other than that.
The plastics are in rough condition.
300 plus the ride PHO. I plan on being at the races in ohio this Saturday and can bring it with also.
Brett
20170307_162731.jpg 20170307_162751.jpg 20170307_162738.jpg 20170307_162803.jpg 20170307_162816.jpg 20170307_164422.jpg

After posting it looks as though the compression reading is from the other one. That one is in a little better shape, but has a flippy cap tank on it.
350 for that one plus shipping, or I can bring it to the races in ohio.
Here's the compression on the $300 saw, sorry about the mix up, the pictures are small when selecting them on my phone and they look the same.
20170307_164918.jpg

Chip,
I appreciate the offer, but I am going to have to pass as I really am only after a tank. I really couldn't bring myself to rob a tank from a running saw anyway.

Thanks for the quick response though

No problem figured I'd put it out there.
Since I haven't done anything with it yet it's just a parts saw to me right now. I've got a few I'm going to have to move and probably won't get to these for a while. Bought 3 more this week and I'm getting wound up to build my pole building so less time on my hands.

Message on the way.

Sent from this thing that doesn't ever seem to work right.

Tank is $135 from the dealer.

Thanks for your response. I called my dealer and they quoted a price slightly higher than that and told me it would be a flip cap tank if it is still available. My saw is pretty nice, but a new tank would definitely stand out and I would like to keep the cap style matching.

Back