Stihl 056 AV Ignition Coil Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davidricciardella

Reaction score
Hi all. I am new to the site. I have a Stihl 056 AV that is in need of a new ignition coil. The part number the dealer gave me is 1108 400 0800 and they want $218. Does anyone know where to get or have this part that they'd be willing to part with? Thanks in advance

Husqvarna 2100 uses the same coil. You need to change the plug lead wire though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Husqvarna-2...569979?hash=item2eef04e0fb:g:d4IAAOSw3mpXLMgt

You have to EXTEND it when using a Husky SEM GA on a Stihl, you CANNOT replace it as it's potted.....pizzes me off when sellers advertise "as the same" on FleaBay that it will fit a Stihl.

Use this to extend it, make up the 2mm wire guage gap with electrical tape on the ends. Then finding a place to hide that splice is another problem, I did a conversion too, but don't recommend doing the swap due to the splice.

Attachments

• NGK Splice.jpg
    NGK Splice.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 27
I have the 2 piece flywheel. The saw is the 056AV electronic. That's all it says on the tag. The guy at the dealer says the part number for the ignition module is the same for both flywheels. Is that correct. I believe my saw is pretty old version.

You have to EXTEND it when using a Husky SEM GA on a Stihl, you CANNOT replace it as it's potted.....pizzes me off when sellers advertise "as the same" on FleaBay that it will fit a Stihl.

Use this to extend it, make up the 2mm wire guage gap with electrical tape on the ends. Then finding a place to hide that splice is another problem, I don't recommend doing the swap.

Sorry. Yes you need to extend it not change it. It would be nice if they used the same length. That extender would work great. My 056 has a 2100 SEM GA coil in it.

I have the 2 piece flywheel. The saw is the 056AV electronic. That's all it says on the tag. The guy at the dealer says the part number for the ignition module is the same for both flywheels. Is that correct. I believe my saw is pretty old version.

No, that's not correct. Free advise is what it is...

Yours is the Bosch CDI #1115-400-0506 and is NLA, all the dealer can get now is the SEM GA #1108 400 0800. It requires the one piece SEM specific FW # 1115 400 1208.

An aftermarket "replaces Bosch CDI module" is available for your saw from Saegespezi in Germany though.

Thanks for the info hotshot. Has anyone had luck with the aftermarket module from Saegespezi?

Yes, the CDI stator worked fine, BUT don't buy their 045 points type stators as it has the wrong terminated coil, or their junk pistons (they were undisclosed Golf brand), and it all had to be returned back to Germany...plus they never fixed or changed the flea bay ad listings either.

Post a picture of your current ignition parts here

Back