Stihl 056 super mag... good gift or pass?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the tag on the top of the saw says Stihl 056 AVE super Magnum

Not disputing what you are saying, but I don't think there is any such critter. I have seen some tags on saws that were not original.

A Super would be a 54 mm with a Bosche ignition or maybe points. A Magnum or Magnum II would be a 56 mm with a SEM.

If there is a Super Magnum I have never heard of it. Of course, it wouldn't be the first thing I never heard of I don't suppose.

Just looked and the illustrated parts list only shows three name plates. 056 AV 056 Super AV 056 Magnum II AV

BTW It is pretty common for people to switch the tags on these saws for the sole purpose of sticking unsuspecting buyers.

Not disputing what you are saying, but I don't think there is any such critter. I have seen some tags on saws that were not original.

If there is a Super Magnum I have never heard of it. Of course, it wouldn't be the first thing I never heard of I don't suppose.

BTW It is pretty common for people to switch the tags on these saws for the sole purpose of sticking unsuspecting buyers.

You are correct ZeroJunk, those tags are coming from that DH in Washington state, named Bryce Stott, via FleaBay 'customchainsawparts'.

You can tell they're homemade tags because there's no rivet holes. Search Fleabay for "Stihl 056 tag" to see it.

To tell if it's a mag or not look at the bottom of the cylinder.
where the jug bolts go thru it will be cut off at an angle,not round.

You are correct ZeroJunk, those tags are coming from that DH in Washington state, named Bryce Stott, via FleaBay 'customchainsawparts'.

You can tell they're homemade tags because there's no rivet holes. Search Fleabay for "Stihl 056 tag" to see it.

Yeah, I have had dealings with him. He screwed me pretty good. Has no integrity near as I can tell.

Latest posts

Back