• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 076

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LonestarStihl

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've finally brought myself to parting with this beast of a saw. I bought it on here months ago but I don't have the time to put into her and I would rather have the funds to do stuff with my kids. It's a good saw. It runs and oils well. The only issues I've found with it are that it needs a new clutch or clutch springs as the chain will continue to spin, and there a screw hole broken on the starter side. I'd does not have any apparent air leaks and will chew through some wood. I'm asking $350 plus shipping or possibly a trade for a ms201t c-m. Prefer the cash but I have bad CAD.
Also...I have not taken the saw apart at all. I tried to pull the muffler when I got it but couldn't get my tools in there so I left it and just enjoyed the saw.
These pictures are from original post when I bought it because I can't seem to find the others I took. I've only put 2 tanks through it so nothing has really changed but I'll try to get updated photos.
cce7c6c66bf5a28b0bef7d8392040a99.jpg
6f0aea022b7d393bc6476bdcd758fb4e.jpg
910b0643947178fc6044c7bfe67d72f1.jpg

Dang Lee, surprised your letting this one go.
I skipped the ad initially because I got the 660.
Anyway GLWS.
Great seller, buyer, and an all around great guy here folks :).

Thank you sir. Yeh I don't want to but I'm. It going to use her enough and have other stuff I could use the money on. Not even trying to flip it. Just trying to get my money back from buying it. I'll text you here in a bit. They've had me driving all around recently

LSS -

Still thinking about it. Can you tell us more about the "screw hole broken on starter side"? Is there a bolt broken off or is the bolt hole cracked/split/boogered up?

All of the bodywork looks to be in good shape; is anything cracked? Muffler cover and clutch cover all in one piece with no cracks?

I"m assuming the bar and chain come with it; what bar is it and what length?

Thanks,

Scott

LSS -

Still thinking about it. Can you tell us more about the "screw hole broken on starter side"? Is there a bolt broken off or is the bolt hole cracked/split/boogered up?

All of the bodywork looks to be in good shape; is anything cracked? Muffler cover and clutch cover all in one piece with no cracks?

I"m assuming the bar and chain come with it; what bar is it and what length?

Thanks,

Scott

Sorry I'm not the best salesman lol. I sent you a PM though trying to address it all as well as your original PM in one sitting.

Going to hold onto it for a bit longer. Starter stopped engaging while doing a compression test [emoji58]. So it will be a project for me and the boys for now. Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back