• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 084 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Wanting to buy a stihl 084 muffler assy. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How much is one worth? I've got the stuff being cut to build some. Just need to set aside the time to do it.

Picked up this 084 for cheap for whatever reason it is missing the muffler? Stihl doesn't even show it available anymore. Just my luck lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

The last new old stock oem complete muffler I found I paid $275 for and sold for $375 + shipping before I left the parking lot.
Bryce had billet muffler covers only for @$65 last time I looked.
Complete mufflers would be nice to be able to buy for $100 or less but the market might bear more than that initially
Dave

It would not be an easy endeavor nor inexpensive

I looked into doing something similar - hood drains for a 66 Fairlane GT. One year only part. Stamped metal piece not too much bigger than a Snickers bar. Just seems that there is no way to do something like this in the garage, so it has to be farmed out and done on a large industrial sized press.

Having said that, if you did 100 of them and sold them for $75 each you should have some $$$ leftover.

I looked into doing something similar - hood drains for a 66 Fairlane GT. One year only part. Stamped metal piece not too much bigger than a Snickers bar. Just seems that there is no way to do something like this in the garage, so it has to be farmed out and done on a large industrial sized press.

Having said that, if you did 100 of them and sold them for $75 each you should have some $$$ leftover.

With all do respect Scott if you can find a place that can do 100 084 mufflers for $100 each I am interested

Bill, if we had a China connection, it would be easy. I just don't know how/where to get started with that. Too bad I wasn't collecting chainsaws during my last tour in Korea - a flight to Beijing was inexpensive and only took an hour.

Let me see what I can find out.

Scott

Scott,

I do not nor will I ever claim to know anything about the Chinese system. Many have asked why the Chinese reproduce the 038, 066, and 090 parts but not a desirable parts such as the 084 muffler. In my mind is very simple. They are very intelligent. The number of 038, 066, and 070/090 saws worldwide in the past seriously dwarfs teh number of 084's sold not to mention that the 038, 066, and 070 are still being sold new by Stihl. I understand what you were talking about was getting a Chinese company to make a short run of 100 which is possible but never on a large scale

I have an order for flanges and back plates to be cut. Going to be hand bent and welded up. Probably won't do many but depending on outlets I don't think I'll do them for less than $150~ complete.

The Chinese want to do 1k or maybe 10k in a run.

92759c9968e73f350f351a6c52d5ef86.jpg

I have an order for flanges and back plates to be cut. Going to be hand bent and welded up. Probably won't do many but depending on outlets I don't think I'll do them for less than $150~ complete.

The Chinese want to do 1k or maybe 10k in a run.

I think you will be doing good to get them done at $150

I think you will be doing good to get them done at $150
At this rate I'm sure you're right. I've got 1.5 hours in to get the top and sides tacked to the back. Not counting welding and making a front cover and then the outlets. I'll have to make a heat sink to bolt them to to weld and cool.

Back