• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 084 muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I got a back half done. 5.5 hours in this one[emoji33]
bc989e3b034acf928d9f01a95d8c0bcb.jpg
ff208959e3ac20d90e26d1830cc0e85a.jpg
036d0792bf15783d8cd4f6fd1deca93e.jpg
d711890eb29cfc70f8b4758db4c1a7d0.jpg

At this rate I'm sure you're right. I've got 1.5 hours in to get the top and sides tacked to the back. Not counting welding and making a front cover and then the outlets. I'll have to make a heat sink to bolt them to to weld and cool.

Most folks do not have any idea what it takes to hand build a part. They want to say it turn it out on a CNC but they have no idea whatsoever what that even means. Now folks say throw it "in" a 3D printer..............well just how does that work? No idea again. Hats off to you for hand forming a part

This first one is headed to the OP. I'll slowly be building more of these. I'm not building any saws for the near future and saw work is taking a back seat to enjoying my time off with a new rifle.

Nice work. And since most chainsaw aficionados are gun nuts, too, why don't you tell us about your new bullet thrower?

I've seen a few of them but not any for sale in recent years.

Do you have prices for the 084 mufflers? I don't need one now, but I have an 084 and would be nice to have a spare. Also, will you be doing different configurations? A stock-type muffler and one that would work for a ported saw?
Thanks,
Scott

Do you have prices for the 084 mufflers? I don't need one now, but I have an 084 and would be nice to have a spare. Also, will you be doing different configurations? A stock-type muffler and one that would work for a ported saw?
Thanks,
Scott
The 2 I've made have about double the outlet size of stock. I could make a 2 or 3 port if someone wanted.

Back