• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl 088 cylinder (found one!)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

808fish

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I live in Honolulu where parts are pretty limited.

Is anyone interested in selling a new or good condition used cylinder for a stihl 088? It would be the clip on muffler style.

Thank you ,
Erik

Yeah, it's a tricky one to find. I figure this is the place to find one.

My move would be to buy one of the aftermarket p/c kits and scare up a bolt on muffler.

I was fortunate the cylinder on mine was in ex condition.
8387190fd5b3cccbc68f93996aa833f8.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I've been thinking of doing that if I do not find a cylinder. Luckily, I have another 088 & 084 that run well, so I'm not in a rush to get this one going.

Luckily mine are in good shape . Will have to keep an eye on them extra now

Wow, that would be great if it's not inconvenient for you to find out. I'm not in a rush. Thank you

My Stihl parts guy at Jack Horner's Machinery tells me the AV bushings come in two or maybe more durometer rates (hardness).
I think the standard is too mushy.

I mean really, who runs a saw this big long enuff to worry about vibration comfort.[emoji15]

Thank you all for the help.

I was able to get a 088 cylinder from Iron.and.bark.

Great guy to deal with.

Back