Stihl 088 ...whyyyy no parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brianlol

Do u see, chainsaws are not just for trees lol
Reaction score
I've been trying to locate a stihl 088 cylinder for the longest time and they finally came out with an after market replacement but its a damn bolt on stile.%#*!!!* with that being said does anyone knows were I can get the bolt on muffler for it with out the arm and leg cost of it? lol there killing me.

Big saw=BIG BUCKS!!, the 100cc+ class of saws are not produced or sold in the same volume as the 50cc thru 70cc class, so now you see supply and demand @ work, this is just my speculation and I have been wrong b4, as for a cheap muffler....GOOD LUCK!

welcome aboard and enjoy you acute future case of CAD if you hang around here much!!

Thanks , it seems to me other than the 084 &088 there are Stihl after market parts and it's killing me! Its the only saw that I haven't rebuilt cause of the costs. I burned up the Cylinder 5 years ago on high ethanal gas and I've been waiting patiently for a cylinder to come out and it's a bolt on. I guess I have to wait another 5 years for the muffler. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parts are out there you just have to be willing to wait and look, I look almost everyday on evilbay for parts for those, most of the time if I find it I don't have the cash but once in a while you can score, not always though sometimes you just have to pony up the cash. Like was said earlier big CC is BIG money period

U got that right, right in the pocket were the wallet is lol

Thanks , it seems to me other than the 084 &088 there are Stihl after market parts and it's killing me! Its the only saw that I haven't rebuilt cause of the costs. I burned up the Cylinder 5 years ago on high ethanal gas and I've been waiting patiently for a cylinder to come out and it's a bolt on. I guess I have to wait another 5 years for the muffler. lol

hi are you still looking for parts for the 088/ms880.

Back