• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell Stihl 090 6 shoe clutches

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill G

ArboristSite King
Reaction score
I am going to order some parts from Germany and I am wondering how much interest there is in the big 6 shoe 090 clutches. Those who have searched for them in the USA know how hard they are to get and how expensive they are. I am looking at probably $150 each which is about 50% what they were priced at. I need a couple and figured I would get some for others if there was interest

There is also a seller on eBay Germany who ships worldwide and offers new OEM six shoe assemblies at (depending on conversion rates) around $135-$140 USD shipped.

Very good seller too, I've bought quite a few clutch sets from him personally.

Well there you go I do not need to order any now

Now a real idea would take the great 070's Robin has.............. couple them to the 6 shoe clutch and a big topend. You then have a new 090

There is also a seller on eBay Germany who ships worldwide and offers new OEM six shoe assemblies at (depending on conversion rates) around $135-$140 USD shipped.

Very good seller too, I've bought quite a few clutch sets from him personally.

Yep. I have two assemblies in the mail from him. Bill - you should be able to find him with a search on eBay.de - just search for 090.

Scott

Yep. I have two assemblies in the mail from him. Bill - you should be able to find him with a search on eBay.de - just search for 090.

Scott

Well his price is $131.79 and $13.16 shipping for a total of $144.95. If $5.05 breaks me then I have no business buying parts

this conversation reminds me a problem me and my dealer encountered when converting my 070 to 090
the adapter sleeve wasnt long enough for 090 clutch assembly, its alot wider than 070 clutch
i cant remember right but i think we used 2 adapter sleeve or maybe 2 of those ring like stuff that goes together with
the adapter sleeve, is there a difference between 070 and 090 adapter sleeve ?
from the ipl it seems like they are the same, the clutch washers and plate for both
models arent the same btw, if you use 070 clutch washer and plate the end nut will be sticking out abit
and it will rub the clutch cover

Latest posts

Back