• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Stihl 201T-CM SOLD

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryanr2

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Bought this saw brand new in June thru Randy. It has had the timing advanced and muffler mod by MMWS. I picked it up in Aug. It has only been started one time and ran for about 10 minutes. My original plan for the saw was to use it when cutting shims for work to speed up production. I have cut them for years with a circular saw, but had the idea that I could stack several 2x4s, 1x4s, or 5/4 boards and cut them all at once to length. Especially with the 1x4 and 5/4 this turned into a daunting task because the thinner boards like to "clap" as you push thru them. So after the first trial run, I have decided to sell this saw as it doesnt work for my intended purpose and buy a miter saw instead.

This is a mint, brand new saw with all the paper work, original box, scabbard, 14'' bar and chain. Price is $600.00 shipped lower 48.Stihl 201T-CM 1 2:12:17.jpgStihl 201T-CM 2.jpgStihl 201T-CM 3.jpgStihl 201T-CM 4.jpg

Steven

This is a "for sale" add not a "trade" add. I have already purchased a new Dewalt DWS780 for the shop. Thanks though.

To bad I'm poor. Lol. That's a good deal buddy.

Heard that. I just ponied up a little over $2k for a differential repair on Kari's SUV on Sat. I really hate that vehicle.:dumb2: But had to bite the bullet. She's been driving one of my diesel trucks for the last month, and I felt like I was playing with fire a little. That and the kids were trashing it being kids. Little shitz.:lol:

Heard that. I just ponied up a little over $2k for a differential repair on Kari's SUV on Sat. I really hate that vehicle.:dumb2: But had to bite the bullet. She's been driving one of my diesel trucks for the last month, and I felt like I was playing with fire a little. That and the kids were trashing it being kids. Little shitz.:lol:
A trailblazer?

I have decided to sell this saw as it doesnt work for my intended purpose and buy a miter saw instead.

This is a "for sale" add not a "trade" add. I have already purchased a new Dewalt DWS780 for the shop. Thanks though.

I guess when you said you wanted to sell the saw to buy a miter saw that meant you wanted to sell it to buy a miter saw not to replenish the funds spent to fund what you already purchased. I guess that was my mistake in reading.

By the way I own a DWS 780. They are decent saw but have their faults also. For rough stuff they are ok but for finite not so good. They are good for a framer not so good for a cabinet maker. That is a model that has been really dropping in price over the years. It is odd to see tools drop in price but they are now at least $150 under what I gave

yeah, I couldn't wait on the sale to make the purchase on the miter saw. I cut shims almost every weekend.

I guess when you said you wanted to sell the saw to buy a miter saw that meant you wanted to sell it to buy a miter saw not to replenish the funds spent to fund what you already purchased. I guess that was my mistake in reading.

By the way I own a DWS 780. They are decent saw but have their faults also. For rough stuff they are ok but for finite not so good. They are good for a framer not so good for a cabinet maker. That is a model that has been really dropping in price over the years. It is odd to see tools drop in price but they are now at least $150 under what I gave
Are you a cabinet maker?

If you would like to discuss the cabinet/woodworking business please PM or call me.
Just wondering, because I worked in a cabinet shop for several years. Then my brother opened his own cabinet shop, and I worked with him for about a year.

We did primarily millwork and some cabinet work. There was a lot more money to be made in the millwork but my partner wanted to do cabinet work.

Latest posts

Back