Stihl BG56 Blower -- Carb Adjustment Help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gents:

I've got plenty of experience adjusting the H/L screws on my Husky chainsaws, but little experience on the Stihl. This unit has a Chi-Com Zama carb. IMO, it's a POS. Anyway, the blower has started running like crap. It has always been a strong performer, but now it struggles to rev up out of idle. I've put in a new plug and air filter. No improvement. So, no I think that the carb needs adjusting. I did remove the carb and partly dis-assemble. I sprayed everything with carb cleaner -- hoping to clean-out any obstruction that may be inside. I put everything back together -- same result. Just like I've done nothing.

So, I beleive that it's time for a high speed screw adjustment. On my saws, I use a tach and adjust the high speed screw until I hit the proper RPM. If no tach is available, I adjust until the high speed screw makes the blubbering or 4-stroke sound. Good to go.

Does this method work on the blower? I realize that the blower engine is under load and not free-spinning like the chainsaw.

Your input is appreciated.

JQ

I set mine just like that and it seam to be too rich
So I set just before 4 stroking
And it running perfectly

Did you muffler mode?
Or pull the spark arrester out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll second the spark arrestor screen. Make sure to clean it up real nice. I have a BG86 that I took the screen out of and sprayed the carb cleaner through the jets and works great

724eb0665fc37f6ac77c9de53f3f4df2.png
412ded7a0e9fdfe4b2ad89663a90ee6b.png

The easiest MM that I have ever done!

Any issues with simply removing the spark arrestor? I use this unit on landscaping and little or no chance of a fire if a spark escapes? Since I live at 4,200 feet, I could use the extra help of a less-restricted muffler.

I removed mine and have had zero issues. I mean I guess there's a 1/1000000000 chance of anything

I have used mine in the dark many times and never seen a spark
Chain saw too in the dark only seen sparks off the chain

Back