Stihl BG85 blower carb

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highdesignfool

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have an older BG 85 blower. My local dealer has ordered the wrong carb twice. Is there anyone that can tell me what carb I need? This is the serial number on the bottom of the machine. (251411528)
cb1d273211a05bb47678548c26edf5c1.jpg

Often there are marks on the carb. If he is giving you the wrong carb then your serial is giving him the wrong info. Pull the carb and use the info on Google or post hete

Often there are marks on the carb. If he is giving you the wrong carb then your serial is giving him the wrong info. Pull the carb and use the info on Google or post hete

Today was the first time he has asked for the serial number. The first two carbs were a guess

You're best to check the numbers on the carb and then order them from anyone but the dealer of the brand. the specific brand (Stihl, echo, Redmax) is often marked up considerably vs the Walbro or whatever brand the actual carb is. Redmax for instance commonly gets near $100 for their version of a Walbro Wya carb. I can get the same Walbro for around $45 elsewhere.

And fwiw, I've been running a chi-com E-bay carb on big-86 for several yrs of commercial grass work. It was $13 delivered to my door vs 2 trips to the dealer to order then pick up their $39 carb. Ironically both carbs come from China anyway.

I'm sure at this point you just want one that will work on your machine, so pull your carb off, clean it up and find the numbers on it. Post them here and we can help you find what you need.

Then that # changes again I believe. I keep at least one of those carbs. Ill look at it tomorrow.

I just recently had 3 5 gallon buckets full of fs55, bg55 and 90-130 carbs. About 7 months worth. Til some guy wanted them to scrap them.

Your carb is superseded to 4229 120 0604 and is available list price is 35$ CAD

Latest posts

Back