Stihl BR700 Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup heard about them....did he show you the br450c-ef with the electric start?

yup heard about them....did he show you the br450c-ef with the electric start?

Yeah I have them in stock. It's pretty cool huh? That sound it makes before starting is neat. The 450 is replacing the 550.

Yeah I have them in stock. It's pretty cool huh? That sound it makes before starting is neat. The 450 is replacing the 550.
we got a couple...had to gas one to see how it works. kinda weird...kinda cool, not sure how it will go over...especially at 559. yea that noise is funky. yea seen that about the 550...no sweat off my sack, not a huge fan of them.

I don't...just velocity and volume...maybe opinion has something? I haven't seen any lit on them yet. not even a picture.

What do you have on the velocity and volume? I assume they're just catching up with others on the market that are more powerful, although also heavier. If it's several pounds heavier than the 600, I'd personally still rather have the 600.

the email I got from our rep says 166mph and 912cfm. more volume but less velocity than the 600....I think the biggest and baddest right now is the redmax/husky right? not sure how close the 700 comes to that.

I'm super disappointed to hear that it's a 4-mix. I know they've worked most of the bugs out of the 600, but I'd still rather have one that isn't. If it's heavier than the 600, I'd just as soon pick up the Husky. In my case though, weight is more important. I'll just stick with the 600, as it had all the power I need.

I kind of agree with the 4-mix. while i don't hate 4-mix stuff as much as a lot of folks id still like to see a true two stroke...a few of commercial guys around here switched or are switching to the redmax because of the issues with 4-mix. they don't want to have to adjust valves and stuff like that.

I don't have any information on it either. I don't even know the specs (thanks Big T). All I know is it's a 4-mix and the 600 is staying in the lineup.

As far as the 2stroke, 4stroke thing, I think Stihl doesn't know how to build a 2stroke backpack with the power of the redmax w/o suffering in weight. Otherwise they would have made one already.

I have the Husky 580 and the Stihl 600. Both do things better than the other. Because of the weight the BR600 is the one I usually grab. Heavy debris the 580 is quite a blower, especially so for dislodging leaves out of ivy or pacasandra etc. with the volume without "tearing up" things as the nozzle is larger and not so focused if you will.

To have only one though, the BR600 would be my choice.

Can't wait to try the BR700.

Latest posts

Back