Stihl BR700 Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm super disappointed to hear that it's a 4-mix. I know they've worked most of the bugs out of the 600, but I'd still rather have one that isn't. If it's heavier than the 600, I'd just as soon pick up the Husky. In my case though, weight is more important. I'll just stick with the 600, as it had all the power I need.

Brad, how would you rate the br600 in comparison to the Shinny 802?

I bought a couple br600's for work and have not been real pleased with them or the 4-mix idea. It wasnt three months after buying them that one started to feel like a straight gas seizure. I thoroughly questioned my guys and really believed that they had straight gassed the thing and locked it up. Come to find out, the valves came out of adjustment and is what was causing it to pull over hard like a seized motor. I want nothing to do with a leaf blower that needs regular valve adjustment. I promptly went out and bought a Husqvarna 580bts that will suck those br600's up one pipe and spit them out the other.

Wasn't that the Redmax strato engined one? Probably Stihl's best blower ever.

No sir, the BR400 was a traditional piston ported two stroke. I have rebuilt and sold several, as well as have a pretty cherry one as my personnel blower. They don't have all the power in the world or the best anti vibe but they are as tough as old boots.

Joe

If you like your 2 stroke stuff you better hang onto it. I have a feeling the 2 strokes will be an EPA no-no in the future.

Give us a time frame when you think this will happen. Eventually it will disappear just like leaded gas, leaded paint and low sulfur diesel. I don't forsee it happening in the next 5 years. The only thing you need to know about a back pack blower is Shindaiwa.

Yeah, we are probably not too far from being fined for pissing on the ground without running it through a filter.

i got this for free and love it not the most powerful but it is comfy and the antivibe is very good.
and it is pure traditional 2 stroke.
20150805_154604.jpg

Give us a time frame when you think this will happen. Eventually it will disappear just like leaded gas, leaded paint and low sulfur diesel. I don't forsee it happening in the next 5 years. The only thing you need to know about a back pack blower is Shindaiwa.
It all depends on where you live and if it's a red state or a blue state. If you live in California I think it's already here. Fortunately I don't..

As with many other things, stihl kinda fudges things when it comes to product specs. With blowers they list the CFM and air speed numbers without the tube hose connected....which is kinda silly as one usually has the hose attached in operation. Other more honest OEM's list their specs with hose attached. IMO their H/held units are pretty good, but there are far better options for backpacks. l have used kawasaki, echo, stihl and others but the best quality, most powerefull unit l have ever used is made by Solo and is was around 70cc. The solo had little clever differences like a small bend at the end of tube instead of a straight end making sweeping much better. Hopefully the BR700 is an improvement on previous models.

As with many other things, stihl kinda fudges things when it comes to product specs. With blowers they list the CFM and air speed numbers without the tube hose connected....which is kinda silly as one usually has the hose attached in operation. Other more honest OEM's list their specs with hose attached. IMO their H/held units are pretty good, but there are far better options for backpacks. l have used kawasaki, echo, stihl and others but the best quality, most powerefull unit l have ever used is made by Solo and is was around 70cc. The solo had little clever differences like a small bend at the end of tube instead of a straight end making sweeping much better. Hopefully the BR700 is an improvement on previous models.

That's not true. They always list specs with and without tubes.

http://www.stihlusa.com/products/blowers-and-shredder-vacs/professional-blowers/br600/

Click on specifications.

Back