Stihl BR700 Blower

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose to get much better performance from a blower, you'd have to put a bigger blower unit on the engine or port it with higher RPM as the end goal.

More rpm would likely yield more air speed, where the larger blower would yield more volume. Of course you need a certain amount of volume or speed means nothing as you have to actually have something to move.. I may be wrong, but I view it like a torque and horsepower relationship.

It's too bad someone cannot come up with a compound compressor or air multiplier. Maybe a screw type compressor could be made compact? However those only compress air and you would have to really overdrive it or have a secondary air mover in order to move the package if compressed air.

heard from dealer the br700 is going to be electric start with all the controls on the wand just pick up,set and start.
i told him its a lazy man blower.

no its going to be 2 cycle you cant put a strato charger in the 4 mix stihls this was confirmed by my stihl rep
Your rep was mistaken.
They are out and in some stores and on youtube videos. Definitely 4 mix, anywhere from 10 to 30 percent more air flow/speed depending on whether your looking at the Australian Stihl site or the US one and BR700 is 10 percent heavier @ 24.6 lbs. Same engine as BR600 just larger fan and housing.

Your rep was mistaken.
They are out and in some stores and on youtube videos. Definitely 4 mix, anywhere from 10 to 30 percent more air flow/speed depending on whether your looking at the Australian Stihl site or the US one and BR700 is 10 percent heavier @ 24.6 lbs. Same engine as BR600 just larger fan and housing.

Old thread....

So what if it is an old thread? The new post actually made a valid correction. 10 days old, a year old... Big deal. Correction appreciated, ******** about the age... Not so much.

Jesus h...some people on this site are such douche$...no wonder i dont come here often anymore.

Back