Stihl flywheel puller

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milkman31

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Didn't won't to show this but why not.went to Carquest and got this drain plug by Dorman part number 090-099 26mm x 1.5 drilled the center and welded a 1/2 nut to the drain plug and put 1/2 bolt in it. Forgive me for the weld seems the nozzle on the mig up and walked off lol.less than $5image.jpg

Very slick. No doubt. I think I paid like 10 bucks for mine on ebay.

Cool is it for the bigger saws or smaller, i think the 046 and up is bigger. I've run into that before i have one that fits the smaller saws. i had to go to the saw shop to pull the 046 flywheel

Cool is it for the bigger saws or smaller, i think the 046 and up is bigger. I've run into that before i have one that fits the smaller saws. i had to go to the saw shop to pull the 046 flywheel
It's for the big stihl saws I have a very nice one for the small saws that was gave to me in the Christmas thread it pus mine to shame lol

Funny this thread popped up tonight. For the past two night I have been reading about making a fly wheel puller, and whether of not one was required at all.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for Re-engineering the wheel when you need to. Especially if it saves a buck. Case in point I have made numerous tools to work on my ATV as I refuse to pay the god awful prices they demand for such specific applications.

So today I stopped into a Stihl dealer. Not my usual, as these guys are way to pricey...but non the less they are 3 minutes from my home. I ordered up a flywheel puller. And after all the hubbub about making your own to save all this money...

...It was 7 dollars.

Latest posts

Back