Stihl gas power pressure washers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedge hog

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Who has one ?
I heard they have Koehler motors?
There not released in my area yet but figured someone would have one or good info

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are shopping for a pressure washer you should look at the Northstar brand sold @ northern tool. The best made pw there is. I am a Stihl man at heart but even they can't improve on their designs.

Normally Honda engines and Cat pumps on tuff powder coated frames. They stock the parts and provide service. But with a Honda engine or a Cat pump you got choices for both anywhere you are. Go lay your hands on one.

Great. I just thought you should know about them first and you do. Job accomplished. Enjoy it will be pressure washing time soon

I was hoping for Honda motors but heard Honda would not stock parts
So there using Koehler

NS makes some good washers , I have borrowed one a couple of times since I burnt my craftsman burnt up
It didn't have a bypass and didn't like burning pasture

I was hoping for Honda motors but heard Honda would not stock parts so they're using Kohler.

NS makes some good washers. I borrowed one a couple of times since my craftsman burnt up. It didn't have a bypass and didn't like burning pasture.

Had to have a bypass, otherwise it would build pressure until the hose or pump blew apart or engine stalled.

Seen all that but that is all they tell you
And no pictures of the fly wheel side of any of them
But I do like the pump specs

Who has one ?
I heard they have Koehler motors?
There not released in my area yet but figured someone would have one or good info

Yes, Kohler engines, which means they are keeping the price down at the expense of engine life.
Pressure washers are the hardest engine applications and if it isn't powered by a Honda or a Robin it usually won't last long.

Just wait a couple of years and you'll find some with blown engines for sale at a much reduced price (being stamped "Stihl", it won't be scrap metal value ;) ). Re-engine it with a suitable Honda GX and you are all set.

Back