Stihl kombi extension

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you talking about the circular saw blade or the chain saw attachment?

Well I surely wouldn't think it would be used for the circ blade or anything to do with ground work. Just the chain saw and shears, there might be something else I dunno.

Should I get a circ blade?

I do have a brush cutter, its the 3 bladed one, not like a circ blade. I thought it was a joke til I figured out that you just swing into the stalks instead of trying to saw it. It cut pretty good on the one stroke but will not saw. I wonder if a real circ saw might be better for bigger harder wooded brush. I was using it on 3 inch thick burdock weeds, as long as I swung it would cut it on that stroke but seemed maxed out and I did have to swing it hard where as just sawing is not so hard to do.

I have been aswinging and abashing with the CF extension for years. Some jobs done with bucket truck, I was 360-ing the thing, swinging it til it hits something big enough to stop it then it would gnaw on it for second then swing again. My arms are no stranger to the weight of them.

I think these are the 4stroke motors which are said to have problem but mine is old and runs great. I still have the guard for the weed wacker.

I would like to see some kind of container for it and all its attachments. You could really scare someone whipping something like that out. I had a golf bag but got to heavy and I need to lay the stuff on its side. I was thinking some kind of long cylinder that open like a chest or suitcase. Its been hard even though its only been me but my Kombi system is in great shape and well worn. Being naked and bouncing around the back of the chippah truck was hard to watch but nothing ever broke.

Yes, you need a circular saw blade but it almost has to be used with bicycle handle unit. A circular saw blade will kick and buck like a wild bronco if you pinch it, even just a little. So you need the two handed control. I speak from experience of trying to cut a close stemmed bush with a loop handled unit and it slung me around.

I have the steel extension. I have a cheap knock off harness off of ebay on my km90.

The CF would have been nice I didn't have the $$. KEEP the TUBE IT COMES IN. It should be a nice plastic tube. Keep that thing safe, don't want to drive over it and break it. My dealer told me people have had their CF tubes break in the extreme cold a couple years ago in their garages. I'm in Buffalo so the cold is hard on everything. If you're using it in extreme cold I'd be leary, but I'm sure there are arborist that have experience using in the cold that can answer that question. Overall though I think you'll like that CF but I am hard on gear and young, so I like the metal pole

If you think you will use the extension a lot, the CF may be worth its weight in gold. I would stick with steel if it's only occasional use. I also have the 130 and thinking of buying the pole-saw attachment with an extension. I will opt for the CF and pay the extra $60 ... mostly because I'm almost 60 y.o. (ain't no young buck no more).
+1, it depends on your personal strength a little. But really it is the duration you will be using it for. IMO the weight difference only comes into play after a long period of time.

Back