Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's what you listed earlier in the thread.

28" for $112
32" for $120
36" for $124

Finally got my 32" .063 in and it was worth the wait. Noticeably lighter than a regular ES and much stiffer than the Oregons I spun off.

Only bummer is my dealer charged $189. I crapped my pants! I can deal with a $10 here or there, but another $50 was a bear.

I bit my lip and took it but this dealer is never seeing another sweet cent of mine.

Anyone know of or want to become a competent, honest Stihl dealer in Northern Colorado?
There is one dealer in the area that charges 10% over MSRP, I learned the hard way also.

Got to check out a 28" the other night on a 044. What a sweet set up.

All my dealer has is about a 14" pico for the small Stihls. 70$ :jawdrop:
But it sure is light. It would make a good combo with a T handle

As a follow up, with 10 tanks on the new bar, this really is as advertised. I am not a production faller, but I do log some decent hours when the time comes. Stiffer than Oregon, lighter than regular ES.

In this area, MSRP was $144.

One shop was so excited, they took it as a return, credited me the difference and are ordering a 28" as we speak. If you need a shop recommendation, or more correctly a guy at one shop who wants to make things work, Fort Collins now has one.

I Ordered my 28" 0.50 bar on monday and had it on wensday but havnt been able to use it yet due to the snow. The bar is alot lighter than the es bar and it feels very rigid. The price i piad was $144.00 + tax.

nice bar. bought all i run anymore is the 32" 066. i had planned on getn the rw oregon but ill have to give this a look now

nice bar. bought all i run anymore is the 32" 066. i had planned on getn the rw oregon but ill have to give this a look now

Hey Evan...I had the 36" Oregon RW on my 066 .... now running the lightweight Stihl.....dramatic difference in stiffness.

Just got around to picking up my two 28" Light Bars. Boy are they nice. Seems pretty dramatic to me. It is a loss of weight in the best spot.

IMG_20110202_120959.jpg

Let you know how we like them.

Sam

Last edited:
Any complaints about the new bars yet? I'm wanting to order a couple myself just waiting for everyone to give it a good work out.

Mmm Stihl making lighter bars to make up for the heavyer new model saws.:smile:

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Good point, but I really doubt it - it probly is the Oregon RW bars that triggered it. Then there are the Husky Tech-Lite bars (no, they are not made by Oregon)........

How are they holding up?

Hey Treeslinger, how are the Stihl light bars holding up? I know a prototype was tried out and the faller got 45 or 48 days out of one. Have you bent one, can they be straightened? Does the insert pop out?

Dave.

Hey Treeslinger, how are the Stihl light bars holding up? I know a prototype was tried out and the faller got 45 or 48 days out of one. Have you bent one, can they be straightened? Does the insert pop out?

Dave.

I have not had any isses with my two. But, then again I don't have a lot of time on them either. The guys down here seem to like them though.

Ok, well I will post any feedback I hear. You find out pretty fast how the bars are when they are 32 to 36 inch bars used to fall big wood, day in and day out. I think most of the guys here are still snowed out. So time will tell.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back