Stihl Light Bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in east TN and most of the dealers think I'm weird wanting over a 20" bar.

I don't like a 20" bar on anything over a 50cc saw. I think a 70cc saw needs a 24" atleast. There's not much difference in the 24/5" and 28" bars.

I have mine in hand. I think it was three days order and came from Bryan Equipment as the distributor. Actually ordered Friday night and had it Tuesday. I payed $110-115 I think, don't remember for a 28" .50. I will try to get some weights,pictures and price later.

Carlyle

The 28" was $160 from the dealer I usually deal with. He said he wasn't sure of what it would cost me when it got here. He said he can probably come down $20 or so off that. The 32" was $170 and the 36" was $190 or so. They're more than a cannon or oregon rw.

I have mine in hand. I think it was three days order and came from Bryan Equipment as the distributor. Actually ordered Friday night and had it Tuesday. I payed $110-115 I think, don't remember for a 28" .50. I will try to get some weights,pictures and price later.

Carlyle

When did you order that? I'm only about 40-50 miles from Bryan and ordered mine two weeks ago tomorrow. Mine is still on back order, exact same bar you got.

Last edited:
I'm trying to get a good price on a 28" .063 on the east coast. I don't like the guy saying he can order me one and then we'll see how much it will cost.

When did you order that? I'm only about 40-50 miles from Bryan and ordered mine just a couple days after this thread started. Mine is still on back order.

The made in Germany may have something to do with it.
Not to many people are going to dish out double the money for one.
Stihl USA may not ordered enough thinking this.......but am only guessing.

TT

I'm trying to get a good price on a 28" .063 on the east coast. I don't like the guy saying he can order me one and then we'll see how much it will cost.

Am with you.

Cost is in my dealers book. MSRP was $144 for .063 28"

TT

Am with you.

Cost is in my dealers book. MSRP was $144 for .063 28"

TT

I can get the .050 gauge in:

28" for $112
32" for $120
36" for $124

Not all dealers are created equal. Mine was sent from heaven, LOL. I have two 28" on the way, will let you guys know how we like them.
'
Sam

I'd be curious to see how they do. The Oregon RW can be irritating in .50 gauge, flipping the saw too quick, throwing chains. .63 was a lot better for that.

I can get the .050 gauge in:

28" for $112
32" for $120
36" for $124

Not all dealers are created equal. Mine was sent from heaven, LOL. I have two 28" on the way, will let you guys know how we like them.
'
Sam

Yes, I just saying what MSRP, not what he will sell me one for. :)

TT

The made in Germany may have something to do with it.
Not to many people are going to dish out double the money for one.
Stihl USA may not ordered enough thinking this.......but am only guessing.

TT

Can you tell what Stihl has done to make it lighter.
Also is it made in U.S.

Maybe the production equipment is on a boat somewhere in the Atlantic at the moment, on the way to VB???

:laugh::laugh:

When did you order that? I'm only about 40-50 miles from Bryan and ordered mine two weeks ago tomorrow. Mine is still on back order, exact same bar you got.

NMy dealer just talked to Bryan. They said MI is service by a different distributor. They're on back order with Bryan until 12/10, so that's not too bad. I'm assuming they're coming from Germany.

I'd be curious to see how they do. The Oregon RW can be irritating in .50 gauge, flipping the saw too quick, throwing chains. .63 was a lot better for that.

If they're not as flimsy as the oregon like treeslingr says then they should be alright. I found a good deal on a 30" cannon that I might grab up while I can. I've went to .063 in everything over 24".

If they're not as flimsy as the oregon like treeslingr says then they should be alright. I found a good deal on a 30" cannon that I might grab up while I can. I've went to .063 in everything over 24".

Cannon is exactly the opposite of light-weight though!

I know but the chains don't have a sloppy fit and the bar isn't flimsy at all. The oregon hasn't even worn one chain out yet and has .006" slop in the groove. The stihl es bar that has worn out I don't know how many chains before I got it only has .005".

Latest posts

Back