• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl made 1/2" chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

omega_supreme

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Trying to find some nice looking (old stock) 1/2" chain made by Stihl. For display purposes.

I'm in need of a 111 DL chain (48" old school hard nose bar) and would also be interested in a 139 DL loop (60"). Numbers are according to my parts list. As I know this stuff is rare, I don't particularly care what type of chain it is. Can be Chipper of Chisel, Skip of Full. Also, I do know it's valuable stuff and would pay the right price for it.

If anyone has some they can part with, please let me know. Thanks.

Have a few rolls and a couple loops.

$1.00 for new.

As far as buying a whole roll, they are 10-100ft depending on which roll. I'm not sure of the driver count off the top of my head, I'd guess around 1000.

Found 2 more rolls today and bunch of loops some near new, some well used.

$1.50 for new (off roll or loop), $1.25 for slight used, the rest will price accordingly (Ie a 50% chain $.75)

As far as buying a whole roll, they are 100-125ft depending on which roll. I'm not sure of the driver count off the top of my head, I'd guess around 1000 so looking at $1500 area.

Do you have pre sets?

Phil,

How much different are the Oregon pre-sets? I have tons of them. There is a outside chance there are some Stihl ones in the neighbors bolt cabinet full of presets

Finding any make of 1/2" pre set here is like finding free beer!........I have no idea if the Oregon pre set would work in Stihl chain, though I can't see why it wouldn't.
Your neighbour sounds interesting!

Also, ValleyFirewood doesn't have enough length of chain for me. :( So I'm still looking for the 111 and 139 lengths of 1/2" Stihl made chain.

Doesn't have enough length??.... What, sold out?

Only 64 links of the Stihl made chain. A shame because that chain looks super nice.

You've got some nice chain yourself too. I also figured it should be possible to join a chain without the presets. Let me know how you solved it when you decide to make a custom rivet.

..................I also figured it should be possible to join a chain without the presets. Let me know how you solved it when you decide to make a custom rivet.

Yes you can reuse the the links you press out if you are careful when punching them out

Many cool and rare types of chain have shown up in the trading posts section during the last weeks, but no Stihl 1/2" :(

I want to give it another try. Does anyone have 1/2" pitch Stihl made chain for me?

Tom, unfortunately I'll only have about 2' left over when I'm finish making the chains I need. The pre sets etc are proving very hard to find!
If I find some extra Stihl 1/2" chain, I'll let you know.

Back