• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl made 1/2" chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made a 1/2" chain on an old Homelike with bow bar shorter a while back.

Ground around the mushroomed part of the rivet and pressed it out. Then re-riveted it and tack welded it with TIG (wasn't enough metal to hold well otherwise).

Not "ideal" but didn't have any preset and customer was OK with it (checked before messing with it). He drove 200 miles to bring it here. Been trying for YEARS to get it done, but no saw shop would touch it!

I forget the model saw now, was a mid 1950s era. We tuned it up as well. LOUD and smokey, that's for sure!

I made a 1/2" chain on an old Homelike with bow bar shorter a while back. . . Not "ideal" . . .

You WELDED it in place?!? Now the owner will only have, like, maybe 200 other tie straps (both sides) that he can press out if he ever wants to shorten that loop again!!!

I hope that you are proud of yourself!

(pretty clever hack, actually).

Phibert

You WELDED it in place?!? Now the owner will only have, like, maybe 200 other tie straps (both sides) that he can press out if he ever wants to shorten that loop again!!!

I hope that you are proud of yourself!

(pretty clever hack, actually).

Phibert

I suppose could grind the tack weld and redo if needed. It was for a shelf hanger he wanted to be able to fire up and rev a few times a year. Was his late Dad's saw, so it was mostly something to remember him.

I was hoping not as I was running the bid up quite a bit. I lucked in to a 100' roll of the exact same chain with 30 some connectors about 4-5 weeks ago on there. He listed as buy it now for $250 and $25 shipping and I grabbed it about 10 minutes after he listed it.

Latest posts

Back