Stihl MDG-1 users

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They are updateable, so it'll be in use for a while. If you're a dealer you should have one.

Is this the new version of the MDG1 or is it the old version? I`ve heared that the new ones should have the ability to update the control unit from m-tronic or injection models. Do you know if the new ones are released yet?

The one I have will recalibrate the saw's control module to factory settings, if that's what you're asking. I hope this two year old $500 tool isn't destined to be obsolete soon. o_O LOL!
The saw will recalibrate itself eventually anyway, but if it was running with a severely clogged air filter, this will get the saw running better out of the gate.
If I remember right the M-tronic doesn't hold error codes like the TS500i does. But then again, I haven't had the experience on M-tronics nearly as much as the TS500i units. I get those just about every day. A few of my customers only use TS500's because they like them so much.

No, I mean there will be new ones with higher data transfer capacity and programmable control units like husqvarna auto tune generation 2. I`ve heared that Stihl wanted to replace them with new ones. But maybe it will take some more time.

Finally got an answer from Stihl on the rumor about the MDG1 being replaced by an MDG2.
They said;
At some point there will be an exchange program to replace the current MDG 1 with the upgraded one at no charge, but they have not figured out yet how they will do it; - and there is no rush to do so. They will let dealers know once a plan is in place.
As long as the updates on your current MDG1 are performed, nothing has changed, or will for a while.

Latest posts

Back