STIHL MS 260 Pro or Husky 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SawTroll said:
I am surely no expert - maybe you should start a new tread about what happened to get more opinions on what happened, and what to do with it - maybe something can be saved?

Yea i will in a bit just trying to work out how to take the entire thing apart to get to the gubbins inside. Unfortuantly i can get my camera to take a picture down the exaust port. So for a nice picture i need to get the cylinder off.

Husky 346XP is here and runs great

On June 7th I placed an order for 346XP - 18" at Arborist.com. Great guys and gals to deal with. They started and adjusted the saw before shipping it to me. Got it yesterday, June 12 delivered by FedEx Ground. Put oil and fuel in and went to the back for a test run. What a difference.

Light weight
No vibrations
Amazing speed and power
Well built and engineered for professionals in the field

Long story short: this saw is worth every penny. Thank you all for your knowledgeable advices and suggestions.
:cheers:

P.S. I got my money back from Sears for Pulan Pro. After 30 long days of "hard work" Sears service center returned my PulanPro saw after they replaced the carburetor and the air filter. Sure enough the saw was all f**ked up, so I took it back and asked to replace it with a new one. I was lucky to get my money back from the store after the service center authorized the replacement. I don't think I'll be buying a tool from Sears.

Broken my 346xp

Had it less than 2 weeks!
Was cutting up logs for firewood in the blistering heat yesterday. The 346 leaned out and scored its piston. So annoyed right now its unture, however on the same fuel mix the 365, 026 and 034 were all fine.

The only coserlation is that it cost me 200 quid rather than 400 quid new one. Not looking too forward to the repair bill. I expect its going to be easier and cheaper to buy a new one.

O.K., old post.. but... Why did it cost a penny.. warranty?

I'm partial to the 260 Pro because it has an adjustable oiler and a decomp valve; ;and, I run a 16" bar on my 026 and an 18" bar on the 260 Pro. I have an 16" bar on one of my 361's and a 20" bar on the other.

I use 16" bars for limbing and clearing all the 'frog hair' off of the dead oaks that I cut down. I use the larger bars for 'felling' the trees and chopping up the trunks.

the husky has a decomp valve too, also he husky runs faster with equal power

The husky runs faster because it has more power.......

i'm sorry, your correct i was thinking equal displacement, but i am still geared towads the husky for the reason that they are similar in price points, but the husky looks a bit better, and runs faster, although the stihl has ome nice features like inboard clutch and the adjustable oil valve

The 346's oiler should be adjustable. The standard 260 oiler is fine for a 16" b&c. Go with the 260 pro if you want to run a 20". The looks and build quality go towards the Stihl, I feel that you get more for your money with the 260.

Latest posts

Back