• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Stihl ms 460 or 440

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ashcutgood661cm

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I sold my 440 and 460 for a 441 and 661 thinking I'd like them better I was wrong miss the 440 best saw I ever did run so now I'm in search for one running or not running thanks

Bummer you didn't like either.
I enjoyed the 441c-m I had, cut like mad and had an amazing sound.
Theres a 440 in this link here, I have only run about 30 tanks through it as I have quite a few saws. I run a 20 on it most the time so it hasn't been worked to hard. There are two videos of it in the ad, one with a 24" in the beginning of the ad(just breaking it in) and one on the last page(I think) with a 28" in a chunk of frozen red oak just to show what it will do, and the only time I've ever had a 28 mounted to it.

I have a 441 not c m and it's s hunk of **** I find has a farm saw sounds to it I always am grabbing my 362 over it just don't like it

I have a 441 not c m and it's s hunk of **** I find has a farm saw sounds to it I always am grabbing my 362 over it just don't like it
Is your 362 a cm, or standard carb.
Here's my old 441c-m(I did have a standard one before it that cut well too), cut a lot of white oak cookies with it and my 460. They were all used as walkway pads to step on at the school my wife teaches at.
20160411_190318.jpeg20160411_192258.jpeg

362 a cm ported by mastermind cuts good just a bought it was a wrap handle which sucks makes it heavy and is basically useless to me

I got a 460 with a dual port for sale. Bottom end rebuild with oem parts. Set up as a true R model right now.

I agree the 441 441 cm is a piece of junk compared to 044 440.the 044 440 is best saw ever made.its proven fact most power to weght ratio saw is 044 and 064.good luck on your search

I agree the 441 441 cm is a piece of junk compared to 044 440.the 044 440 is best saw ever made.its proven fact most power to weght ratio saw is 044 and 064.good luck on your search
Have you ran a 441cm Brian.
Proven fact, what about the 7900, and the 064 ;).
Hope your having a great day buddy.

I have ran 441 cm and dont like it fast but dont have torque of o44 never ran a dolmar but the 7900 is 78- 79 cc saw its bigger the 044 at 70 cc its almost as big as 064 wich is 85 cc.ive heard lots about them but i believe they are heavier as well and you know me im a diehard stihl man.there is stihl shop in every major city and new and used parts are so easy to find.but im having a good day brett and you.dont you have a 044 your personal you can sell this fella

Another reason is bar and chain simplicity.if i wanna switch bars and chains around i have that luxary with owning all stihl saws same mount from my 026 to 036 to 361 to both my 044 to 064

I posted the link and he never responded, it's ok if it stays. I don't want to sell it really I can't build one for what I listed it at, but I want a garage.
Funny you say the 044 has torque, because thats what I like about the 441c-m over a 044. That's why mine always wore a 24 and the 044 wore a 20 as my lightweight, high rpm limber.
The 460/461 has more torque than either and weighs the same as the 441c-m, but that's not talking true power to weight ratios only feel in hand ;). The 7900 (regardless of your brand loyalty :)) as wellas the 064 still have a better power to weight ratio than a 044/440 even they are heavier.
Another reason is bar and chain simplicity.if i wanna switch bars and chains around i have that luxary with owning all stihl saws same mount from my 026 to 036 to 361 to both my 044 to 064
Yes, but once again you said power to weight, don't change the rules on me now buddy. Besides if that's the argument just get some bar adapters :D.

Thanks guys I found a 440 today and it's all different some guys like the 441 and some like 460 but out of all he saws I think my 440 or my 661 was the top saws I like

That's great.
I had one locked in I wanted to pickup and the guy backed out, wanted it as it was a stock one that was very clean. Guess I need to focus more on getting cash for the barn :).

I posted the link and he never responded, it's ok if it stays. I don't want to sell it really I can't build one for what I listed it at, but I want a garage.
Funny you say the 044 has torque, because thats what I like about the 441c-m over a 044. That's why mine always wore a 24 and the 044 wore a 20 as my lightweight, high rpm limber.
The 460/461 has more torque than either and weighs the same as the 441c-m, but that's not talking true power to weight ratios only feel in hand ;). The 7900 (regardless of your brand loyalty :)) as wellas the 064 still have a better power to weight ratio than a 044/440 even they are heavier.

Yes, but once again you said power to weight, don't change the rules on me now buddy. Besides if that's the argument just get some bar adapters :D.
I hate them bar adapters, i have to say im loyal to angle fin 044 10 mm

Your still not addressing the power to weight aspect you said was fact :lol:.
We also discussed the 10mm deal last summer when I was on the way back from St Louis :cheers:.
Lol yes i am it depends how you cut the mustard my friend.

A 044 or 440 with dual port muffler early style flywheel and a ks angle fin top end i will put against any stock saw in 70 cc class there is i have a 10 mm and 12 mm built that way and you cant tell diff between the 2 and both will pull a 24 in bar no problem.

Latest posts

Back