Stihl MS 661 delayed till 2015 in USA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will say it sounds different than a 660, cuts faster than a 660, chokes different. I haven't ran it a lot as I have a 36 inch bar on it and haven't needed a mid sized saw for a bit. I need to run a few more tanks thru it to decide if I like it or not. I kill tree's professionally and its a great ground saw but can be a pain in the ass for a air saw. Stall out where my 660's will idle all day. Wont rev out right off the bat like a 660.

The 661 will not rev out of a cold/ choke start u will need to let it sit for 30seconds or so to let the carb pull it pantys out of its ass and run . its some kinda warm up to rich stupid feature. It's from what I've noticed on mine.

The 661 will not rev out of a cold/ choke start u will need to let it sit for 30seconds or so to let the carb pull it pantys out of its ass and run . its some kinda warm up to rich stupid feature. It's from what I've noticed on mine.
It takes time for the P&C to heat up. It's preventing you from doing what you shouldn't be doing anyway. The piston will heat up faster than the piston, thereby expanding faster than the cylinder. It's possible to seize the piston in an otherwise perfectly good engine.

It takes time for the P&C to heat up. It's preventing you from doing what you shouldn't be doing anyway. The piston will heat up faster than the piston, thereby expanding faster than the cylinder. It's possible to seize the piston in an otherwise perfectly good engine.
that was my thinking i have had 20ish tanks ran through mine so i no its broken in

Plating on the Gilardoni cylinders.

Sure took them long enough to resolve that issue, then again the company I worked for started doing earth augers and ice augers for them and the ice augers have been ongoing for over a year now, should be seeing them this winter though.

Sure took them long enough to resolve that issue, then again the company I worked for started doing earth augers and ice augers for them and the ice augers have been ongoing for over a year now, should be seeing them this winter though.
they had that problem fixed mid summer . they just want all the 660 gone beacuse that saws was massed produced

I talked too my stihl dealer here in louisiana last friday and he told me they do not have them at there warehouse in Malvern Ark. but he could have me one shipped straight out of virginia if i wanted it. very very tempting.

I talked too my stihl dealer here in louisiana last friday and he told me they do not have them at there warehouse in Malvern Ark. but he could have me one shipped straight out of virginia if i wanted it. very very tempting.

Tha'ts odd as that saw is German built so it should be coming out of Shelton, CT. Either way, Both my dealers say they can't get them yet.

Just talked to my dealer and was told he has 2 coming on this weeks order to be here this Friday.

This hot got to be the hottest saw out there. now husqvarna needs to update the 395
Just as long as Husqvarna doesn't ruin the torque output that made the 395xp what it is. Now, if they kept or increased the torque, lightened it by about 1lb, gave it even better A/V and gave it glitch-free AT from the factory, that would be something.

Latest posts

Back