Stihl MS 661 having the bog blues

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picked up a good running 288xp and a 2100cd. Back to old school saws for me
Okay... We need some pictures!
Also, what's your take on the 2100?
I don't own any huskies, I have ran a couple of them but didn't care for how they were put together. Seemed cheapish (not starting no **** here) are the 2100's this way? I have heard a lot of good about them and have been a little interested in how they run.

Okay... We need some pictures!
Also, what's your take on the 2100?
I don't own any huskies, I have ran a couple of them but didn't care for how they were put together. Seemed cheapish (not starting no **** here) are the 2100's this way? I have heard a lot of good about them and have been a little interested in how they run.
I might know a guy with a 395 you can get for dirt cheap :laugh:

it would only bog if you blipped the trigger quickily at a lower rpm
I used mine on a few stumps ........... no bog after a cut, nice and crisp throttle all the time.
You can really hear it sucking in with the MaxFlow installed over the windowed HD2 !!

I hope yours comes back and runs like it should. Good luck !

the 2100's are a good saw and the fact they wiped out the 090 and kept most away from the 084 says something about them. myself, it'll be the day you see me running one for actual work. they are antiques and should be treated as such. i personally like running the 084 more then the 2100 even though most favoured the 2100. i would carry a 395 around in the woods way way way before a 2100. saying a 395 vibrates to much and then running a 2100 :dizzy:. the 2100 is of course not even legal to use professionally here in BC anymore but i'm not sure about the states. the only reason is the lack of a chain brake or the chain brake design of the newer models. anything with a metal brake handle is not accepted cause they say it only engages with a hand on the top handle. it needs to engage when using the side handles as well. BC be picky though. the 288 is another story. i could likely get used to using one again if i had to.

wonder why the ignition module would make the saw bog if you held the saw vertical

LMAO you crack me up man. first the 562 made you not wanna buy a husky again, now the 661 makes you not wanna by a stihl again. maybe try a dolmar? :eek: i see your sig and assume that's out of the question LOL. it's all good though funky. glad that's figured out for ya anyways and you know damn well that 2100 won't give ya issues. it'll just vibrate like crazy! post your 661 in the trader. someone will snag it up.

lf l were the OP l would consider a Dolmar 7900. Light and good av with 80cc's to boot. But l also understand when you need power in a production environment. This whole thread was NOT a good advertisment for stihl's new tech and how 'the average' dealer treats commercial customers. lts a sad day when we need to pick up 2100's and 288's to get the job done. I think the main issue is the dealers both husky & stihl are not able to diagnose and fix saws with AT/MT tech. They get rattled by a system that was intended to aid the servicing dealer.

Latest posts

Back