Stihl MS192T ordered MS193T delivered

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgfarm

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So a couple of weeks ago, I ordered a 192T with a 12" bar for pruning our 600 tree apple orchard, need small and light to reach inside the tree but we are not climbing. Anyway I get there this weekend to pick the saw up and it is a 193T delivered. I cannot see the difference.

Do any of you know the difference between the 192& 193?
Should I demand the 192? Or is it discontinued, I notice the Stihl site in Canada does not list the 192 or 193 in top handle version anymore. The stihl US site lists only the 192T,

I was wondering the if the 193 is the California version or a newer replacement?

Thanks

Mike

I forgot to add that the dealer obviously did not start the saw as the fuel and oil are dry and clean and the chain is very loose.

Thanks

Mike

I went to order a 192t from my dealer as well and he told me all they sold now was the 193t..i dunno what the difference is but mine works pretty good after some break in and carb adjustments..

I ordered a 192 and got a 193, I have to say I can't get it to run. I have had it to the shop 2 x going back to get my money back this week. Have to try something else. I like sthil, love the old stuff and the 440 mag but Can't keep the new saw running. Bogs out under load, pull it out and it won't recover.

Probably some redesigned EPA model that's all choked up to pass ever increasing emissions . I notice stihl seems to get heavier and make less power each year to meet standards ...while husky seems to go the opposite direction

I did end up having a hard time with mine too..i ended up taking out the spark arrestor and messing with the carb adjustments mutiple times..not sure if it is running better or not now cause there is 6 feet of snow out there so i wont be using it till spring

So a couple of weeks ago, I ordered a 192T with a 12" bar for pruning our 600 tree apple orchard, need small and light to reach inside the tree but we are not climbing. Anyway I get there this weekend to pick the saw up and it is a 193T delivered. I cannot see the difference.

Do any of you know the difference between the 192& 193?
Should I demand the 192? Or is it discontinued, I notice the Stihl site in Canada does not list the 192 or 193 in top handle version anymore. The stihl US site lists only the 192T,

I was wondering the if the 193 is the California version or a newer replacement?

Thanks

Mike
The MS193T is the replacement unit to the MS192T. Is a Stratified engine which means it's going to take time to warm up and takes time to get going. Initial feedback is not very positive so if you can exchange it for a MS192T which is a proven saw for many many years, I would go with that option.

Ok, so I took the saw back. Paid 400 with tax, they offered me 300 for the saw and 650 fr the new 201. 350 plus tax for the upgrade. I haven't had a full tank of gas through it yet... I feel like I should have got a saw that works. Should I be switching to the new husky saw, cause there's not a lot if pos about the new 201 series either.... Feedback

Id tell that dealer to suck one. they did not disclose that you would be getting a different saw than you ordered, and sold you a saw that underperforms. thats what the warranty should cover. I would look for a nice used 200t

Ok, so I took the saw back. Paid 400 with tax, they offered me 300 for the saw and 650 fr the new 201. 350 plus tax for the upgrade. I haven't had a full tank of gas through it yet... I feel like I should have got a saw that works. Should I be switching to the new husky saw, cause there's not a lot if pos about the new 201 series either.... Feedback

There are a couple of tweaks to the 201s that one of the big saw builders here has found that make those run great.

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/modding-the-new-ms201t-the-truth-inside.185736/

OK, well I can't get my money back on the 193turd. I can't get the saw to run, they can't get the saw to run, I talked to the Sthil rep and he can't help me. I run a all sthil equipment and does that every piss me off. I have to upgrade to the 201t I guess for 350 or take the 300 loosing 100, and spend another 200 to get a MS200 used. The guy that has it is an arborist, so its a risk but so is buying a Sthil 201 from what i hear... advice?

Back