Stihl ms362 or Husqvarna 562xp???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some weird stuff is going on.......I keep getting notifications for threads with no new posts.

Not sure what you heard about filter problems with the 362 C-M, but to my knowledge all those problems were with the non M-Tronic 362. The 362 C-M version has a completely different filter system, and I have not heard of any problems (nor have I had any).

Regarding feel and performance, they are both extremely close. You can see video of my 362 C-M and a 560 at the thread Summer Time NY GTG posted by Lootbug. The next saw that shows up is a Mastermind Ported 562 which, of course, is noticeably faster.

I lean to Stihl because that is what my other saws are and I can interchange bars. If you don't have any other saws, and the Husky dealer is better, give them the nod, but the 562 should not cost more than a 362 C-M (my dealer had them both the same price).

You may want to heft each saw for yourself before you make your decision, as no two people are the same and what feels better to you is all that counts. I think both company's are putting out a very reliable product at this point in time, and you will not be disappointed with either of these saws, they both have loyal fans on this site (The 562 has more partly because it has been available longer).

Any one who tells you that either of these saws is better than the other is, IMHO, blowing smoke.

I owned Terry Landrum's personal ported 562 and now my brother has it. In less than 20" wood it is the fastest saw I have used. The throttle response is unreal. A ported 562 is almost the holy grail. Awesome power to weight ratio. I think Terry and Mastermind both feel the Autotune and M-tronic saws respond as well as if not better than other saws.

Good to hear, i bought another 562 Terry build for himself, he don't have enough time to use it. The saw is in the plane. Can't wait to try that thing :rock:

And i receive notfications on my phone about topics i never respond or choose to follow...that's pretty weird.

Vbullertin was vastly superior to the current software here regarding function and options, even when you had to deactivate JavaScript to read or post. Vbulletin still works well on many other Internet forums - and the new software here makes the this site a lot less attractive than it used to be.

However, it still is the most attractive chainsaw related forum on the Internet. Malfunctions will always happen some times, with all the systems that are supposed to work together.

Back