Stihl Rolomatic ES LIGHT bar...very COOOOOOOOL!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't tried a 36" out to see how it compares. If I save up I might get one for the 660 to wear on occasion.

I'd also be curious about, if a Stihl Lw bar gets bent, whether it's as repairable as a regular ES bar.

As they contain aluminum, my guess is not! I am sure yours are as well.....

That is a weakness they probably share with the Oregon and Husky counterparts. Even though they all are designed differently, they all contain aluminum.

Last edited:
As they contain aluminum, my guess is not! I am sure yours are as well.....

That is a weakness they probably share with the Oregon and Husky counterparts. Even though they all are designed differently, they all contain aluminum.

That's exactly what I found with the Oregon RW bars. I took them to our mill-wright who has a well deserved reputation for being able to fix anything. He looked them over, played with one a little, and said "scrap". He said he could have milled a new aluminum insert but the cost and the time involved would have been prohibitive. He's fixed bars for me that I thought were junk so I'm inclined to believe him.

I asked him how to avoid future damage to the RW bars and he suggested that I not use them for pry bars.

heck with the bar,,,look at that toosh,,:love1::love1::big_smile::big_smile:
ok seriously,,, looks like it made a big difference,,well worth the money,,personally i hate nose heavy saws,, i want my balanced

I asked him how to avoid future damage to the RW bars and he suggested that I not use them for pry bars.

I actually think that was very well said!

Btw, the Techlite differ from the others in that it is a laminated RSN bar, with the alu laminate in the middle, not in a cutout on one or both sides. The few that have reported on it here have been very positive, but I don't think they are "heavy" users.

Thanks, Mike. That was part of what I was wondering. I've always had the habit, not necessarily good, of popping out the undercut. I did that on a big fir with a 36" Oregon RW bar and tweaked it so bad it was useless. I lost another one bucking a log that was layed across the hill...one end shifted a few feet and the bar went with it. Expensive lessons.

I'd also be curious about, if a Stihl Lw bar gets bent, whether it's as repairable as a regular ES bar.

Go get 'em, firewood guys. Tear some stuff up and let us older cautious types know. :msp_laugh:

I have a tsumura light and tough 24" 063 404 bar on my Miller modded 044
And bucking a 36" log today I misjudged it badly and it twisted my bar over 2" when it rolled when it let go she came back straight and still cuts good! So relieved!! Awesome bar have over six months of heavy (daily) use on it and the tip is looking rough but the bar and rails are still almost as new. So.. it's a great bar for the $

Back