stihl ts420's and husqvarna k760's and k750 total rebuilds. best parts to use for $ other than OEM?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I just built a Johnny Cash one, or a heinz 57. I took the best of 3, it seems to have good compression. piston and jug came from one that had been ran over it looked like. they wanted another saw tomorrow and I dont have enough new parts. It may last a day or maybe if lucky a year. lol

I have a k760 that leaked from under the crossover tubes or plates on the side of the jug. I pulled them and used honda bond. one of the tiny rubbers gaskets broke so I robbed one off a junk jug and used it with more honda bond as well. tested them this morning and the hold pressure now. do you think it will hold up under use?

Good Info in this thread and I would really like to offer a beer to Alex for his generous input, if only he was on this side of the ocean. This guy knows his stuff !!

Against experience with stone cutters, I took on another rebuilt project for a Husqvarna K750 (same as partner). What started as a good cleaning project with possible new ring set, turned out to a complete rebuilt with new piston, crank bearings and seals, disc bearings, etc. These machines take a lot of dirt and any well used machine does need a complete overhaul, which means a lot of work and $$$$.

I found that this machine has a (unknown to me ) friction retarder on the disc driving pulley, which I have never noticed on any newer model. What is its function and should I get rid of it ? it seems still complete.Friction retarder.png

Back