Stihlmans Wood,Tree cutting ramblings...........

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice big one. Bigger than most on the ranch. I had a heart attack taking this one down in February. Just now getting strength to tackle it again.
View attachment 498009
View attachment 498014
Any chance I could see some full pictures of that boom/crane rig? Father in law and I have been brainstorming on one similar for salvaging trees in/over the creek.

Any chance I could see some full pictures of that boom/crane rig? Father in law and I have been brainstorming on one similar for salvaging trees in/over the creek.
This is the only good pic I have of the Tractor 3point hitch boom. We built it to hoist cows off the ground that were having difficulty calving or were weak from calving.
3pt hitch boom.jpg

This is the only good pic I have of the Tractor 3point hitch boom. We built it to hoist cows off the ground that were having difficulty calving or were weak from calving.
View attachment 499092
Thank you. We were thinking of framed like a small portable auger, beefed up obviously. I beam main, trellis or tension cable backbone, pinion hitch mounted so the truck can be the ballast.

main_may_zpsxuoj37gb.jpg

This is what the farmers like to see,cleaned up and tops rubbish burnt,clean cut stumps with no wood pull so the water can't get in to rot them all ready to shoot and re cut in 20 odd years
View attachment 506562
If only I could get my 441 rcm on the plane with me I would fly down and help you. looks like alot of fun. Wish I lived down there for a few months of the year.

Latest posts

Back