Still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was going to say, "Dude, you need to get a stove or an insert! You're sending all your heat up the chimney!"

Then I saw you were in Vegas. Nevermind.

Then I realized your temps were already in the 80s. What the heck are you burning for?

Then I got it. As I said at the beginning, "you're sending all your heat up the chimney." In Vegas, you light fires to cool your house!! :laugh:

Jeez. It's 53 right now, likely will be the high temp and it's nice outside. Everyone is out in t shirts.

Been to Dallas/ Ft Worth area when temps were in the 100 deg + mark in the shade- not for me. I was also there when it was around 40 and that was ok as it was 50 degs warmer than at home. The locals were dressed like it was 10 below. Stove had a couple days off. Might have hit 80 yesterday - now is back making heat again as it was down to apx 60 deg. inside. These creaking bones like it a bit warmer than that in the main area. Should be about 70 inside when I get home tonight. low of 40 or so for this evening plus maybe some rain. That dampness eats into me

It was upper seventies for a few days here, my wife cleaned out the stove and cleaned up the wood mess and said we are done burning... Today I hauled some more wood in, high of 55 low about 40.

I'm still burning. first lit the owb in sept. the electric bill is cheaper when burning, since I don't have to run the h2o heater.

About done here started sometime in Oct ..43 here tonight burning a little oil....probably burnt 5 cords stayed nice and warm.

Sixth consecutive day of rain. ...
Highs today running 10° below average. Notably for the first 5 days of May across Southern New England, the average high temperature is within the top 5 coolest.

Not that I'm burning much, but I am burning more than I usually do in early May. Getting real close to having to make a special trip to the bring more wood up from the woodpile to the deck.

On the plus, the interior of my house is the cleanest it's been in a very long while :D

w2-iA_A8duvRi96WZbeCBJligR0IFHtgWt9DTYv6A06E5SWOp6RbNy9uWgSKJzR6b_170q-8pw=w5880-h3308-rw-no

Mid 30's for the next 3 nights .

Ya had to re lite the boiler last night after having it off for near 2 weeks, going to 30 in a few days, after a high 90's last Tues... FLOG.....hopefully only burn for the next to 2 days then quit.

Latest posts

Back