Still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's damp and didn't make it above 50f today. It is supposed to snow tonight. Still 68f in the house now but I suspect I will build a fire tomorrow morning.

Just lit the little stove, been burning it now and then - at least when we don't have the windows & doors open. 42 tonight and 36 tomorrow night. Running out of small wood for the little stove down at the house, but I'm not lighting the big one. Gonna have a fair amount of larger wood to haul off the porch this year.

I had the stove going last night and lit it when I got home from work today. Rainy and in the 40s so it's nice to have a big firewood stockpile. It's the best way to dry my wet climbing gear as well.

Test fire in our "new to us" Old Mill at our cabin in the mountains. Wasn't really cold enough, but we wanted to season the new stove pipe, seals, and fresh paint after the stove was reconditioned. Slept with all the windows open so we got a sense of how long a fire would hold over night.View attachment 504536

I have never seen a double door on a wood stove like that. You could load some sizable chunks in that thing.
I stopped burning 2/3 months ago.
We didn't even get a frost this year, much less a freeze.
Temps hit 90* today. Next fire will be sometime in late November/ early September.

Ran the A/C yesterday. Got to 75*... my house was melting pretty bad :D (all Alaskans live in igloos right?)

Ran the A/C yesterday. Got to 75*... my house was melting pretty bad :D (all Alaskans live in igloos right?)

75*? we pray for days with low temps like that down here,hay spring and summer weather around, we pray for 75 *
It;s the end of May and I haven't burned for 2 months.
I even took out the stove, this year so I can relocate in a part of the house where it may work better for my home.
I have till November til cooler wear starts to come in, and December before the cold weather sets in.
Last winter we never got a single frost all winter. And zero freezes.
I try to make it till June or July before it start with limited use of the AC.
I work in the heat all day so 75 * feels cold to me.
In the summer I have to wear warm close just to eat out at a restaurant because I freeze in the AC after being in the heat all day.

Gonna give the stove a good cleaning and new paint and new fire bricks for the inner liner.
My old ones are 10+ years old and there getting burned up to the point there brittle and thinning and breaking apart.
By the way, nice looking stove.

75*? we pray for days with low temps like that down here,hay spring and summer weather around, we pray for 75 *
It;s the end of May and I haven't burned for 2 months.
I even took out the stove, this year so I can relocate in a part of the house where it may work better for my home.
I have till November til cooler wear starts to come in, and December before the cold weather sets in.
Last winter we never got a single frost all winter. And zero freezes.
I try to make it till June or July before it start with limited use of the AC.
I work in the heat all day so 75 * feels cold to me.
In the summer I have to wear warm close just to eat out at a restaurant because I freeze in the AC after being in the heat all day.

Gonna give the stove a good cleaning and new paint and new fire bricks for the inner liner.
My old ones are 10+ years old and there getting burned up to the point there brittle and thinning and breaking apart.
By the way, nice looking stove.

I work outside year round. I'd rather deal with -20 than 75! Got to 78 today. In the sun it was over 90.

Hot for this early. Some years we are just getting grass and trees leaving out by now. This year I've already mowed the lawn 3 times.

We have snow for Holloween normally.

I work outside year round. I'd rather deal with -20 than 75! Got to 78 today. In the sun it was over 90.

Hot for this early. Some years we are just getting grass and trees leaving out by now. This year I've already mowed the lawn 3 times.

Good thing you don't live here, you would melt for sure.
Not only do we get the heat, but the humidity to go with it.
During hot summers the lows are above 80*

Of course, I'd be a pop cycle up there.

I am with you there. I'll take ice on my beard over swamp ass any day!

Latest posts

Back