Stock modification

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How can I modify the muffler

• Muffler modification

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • engine modification

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • fuel choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hein

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there I'm from South Africa we are changing our 73cc stock class to stock appearing class 73 cc just want ask for some advice

We are running a Solo 673 s it's a saw Solo Germany for our South African market it's a 72,6cc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 372 is probably the next best choice. Put an old style top end on and go to town on mods.

The only problem is my sponsor only allows me to use Solo chainsaws
Will muffler modifications and removable head and meth and nos increase the power

Our modified saws runs really great it took us a few years to figure it out but this is a new one for me

Yeah methanol will increase power. Might have to go to a bigger carb to feed it. Could also run some nitro in the mix as well.

So a couple muffler openings are allowed as long as it looks somewhat stock?

I'm going to guess that your rules are similar to Canadian...
First off check what fuel is allowed,I'm guessing gasoline only,so forget about,other fuel or nitrous.
They can be very picky about stock appearing,depending a lot on the whims of the person inspecting your saw,one guy gave me a hard time over my starter handle! Here an obvious muffler mod like extra outlets aren't allowed,in fact the only non-stock mod allowed is a 1/8" hole behind the carb to allow "squirt-starting" the saw with WD-40 or a little gas squirt bottle.I would keep it completely stock looking so as not to be disqualified from competing at the last moment. On one saw I had most of the muffler completely cut away where you couldn't see it,the whole back,bottom,the side etc. I used a stick-on foil heat reflector to protect the crankcase,it comes on the Stihl 084 and you can cut it to desired shape before applying.
Do all the mods you can,just hide them well.
I won a local 70cc stock appearing race but afterwards some of the "Pro" guys who do the logger's sports events professionally all year complained saying my 044 was actually 70.7 cc,in the 70cc class. This created quite a heated dispute,one guy arguing that the 044 was allowed in other countries,THEN he said to the pro guys "Well lets tear down everyone's motors,I know your saws are all way over 70ccs!" Instantly the pro guys disappeared without another word...and I got the win.

Back