Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

Stolen question.

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Equipment' started by Highdesignfool, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Highdesignfool

Highdesignfool ArboristSite Member

Hey, just bumped in to this section and had a question to anyone that might know. About five years ago I was looking to buy a Stihl hedger. I found a nice looking one on a local classifieds and called on it. He didn't know all that much but the pics looked good. I made the one hour trip to check it out and it was in decent shape and being that I would only use it a few times a year I bought it for a hundred bucks. It's the nice long bar Hs 81r. Well, I get it home and gave it a soapy bath in some degreaser and in my cleaning, on the bottom of the gear box is the serial number. It was half assed scratched out but I took some light sand paper to it and I can make out the serial number still.
    Of course by now it's pretty likely that it was stolen. Is there a database anywhere online that I can enter the serial to find out more about it and if in fact it was stolen?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SeMoTony and merc_man like this.
  2. Jhenderson

Jhenderson ArboristSite Lurker

Best bet would be your local Stihl dealer.

3. backhoelover

backhoelover 2 cycle carb master, don't believe me just ask!!!!

stihl doesnt like stolen units on web site. that is a police data base only.

4. cedarhollow

cedarhollow ArboristSite Operative

I would ask local police or Sheriff. do you have receipt or proof positive copy of ad and pictures that led you to it.

5. Jhenderson

Jhenderson ArboristSite Lurker

Most prev owners notify dealers about stolen property. If it was stolen locally it was most likely purchased locally. I know all the small equipment dealers around here have a list behind the counter.

backhoelover likes this.
  6. backhoelover

backhoelover 2 cycle carb master, don't believe me just ask!!!!

if you can get me the serial numbers i can look it up if its not too old

farmer steve likes this.