sunflower field I hope

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amberg

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I hope this turns into a good sunflower field, even though it is still to wet to drive tractor through.

Attachments

• 2016-05-31 001 002.JPG
    2016-05-31 001 002.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 32
what will you do with all those sunflower seeds, amberg... salt soak them, sun dry and eat them...?

I plant them to bring the doves in, we usually have a opening day hunt here every year. The field to the left is 3 acres of wheat which I will also leave for the turkeys and doves to munch on to. The sunflowers also attract the little gold finches by the hundreds to.

Our opening day in mid-Ga is Labor Day wknd (that Sat)...when is yall's opening day?

Same here, Have had as many as 30 hunters here, Year before last was the best hunt we ever had, They came in all day by the hundreds, constant shooting all day until we cut off at 6:00.

Same here, Have had as many as 30 hunters here, Year before last was the best hunt we ever had, They came in all day by the hundreds, constant shooting all day until we cut off at 6:00.
Yessir, that's the way I like to see'em flying on a field. Any watering holes nearby? We just blister them here every year on opening day.

Yessir, that's the way I like to see'em flying on a field. Any watering holes nearby? We just blister them here every year on opening day.

Plenty of water, A pond and 3 creeks. Several of the guys had to quit hunting before 2:00, they had their limit so they were able to come to the house and drink beer the rest of the day. I think everyone got their limit except a couple of the kids. And some of the remington and winchester shooters saved some of their hulls for me to reload.

Plenty of water, A pond and 3 creeks. Several of the guys had to quit hunting before 2:00, they had their limit so they were able to come to the house and drink beer the rest of the day. I think everyone got their limit except a couple of the kids. And some of the remington and winchester shooters saved some of their hulls for me to reload.
Sounds like it was a damn good shoot with plenty of closeby water for the birds...maybe ya'll will wear'em out again like that this opening day. I've been on a many a shoot just like you're talking about. I've still got a couple of MEC reloaders from past yrs in 12 and 20. Used to really like to reload the ol' Federal Gold Cup high brass, Fiocchi's...but I'd reload all of em.

I plant them to bring the doves in, we usually have a opening day hunt here every year. The field to the left is 3 acres of wheat which I will also leave for the turkeys and doves to munch on to. The sunflowers also attract the little gold finches by the hundreds to.

oic, interesting... down here the popular way to do doves is... clean, take white meat roll around a jalapena (or pce) wrap with bacon, and grill...

If you are looking at sept 1 st you might as well save your money aint going to get anything ready planting this late

If you are looking at sept 1 st you might as well save your money aint going to get anything ready planting this late

It is a little late, but that field stayed way to wet to get in until this week. I do have a couple more fields going, the wheat field should get them in early so they will stay for a while. (we hope)

oic, interesting... down here the popular way to do doves is... clean, take white meat roll around a jalapena (or pce) wrap with bacon, and grill...

The wife likes me to take the fillet of each side of the breast so she can dip them in flower to cook them in the skillet with onions and make gravy. Like she does the liver and onions. Hm Hm good!!

The wife likes me to take the fillet of each side of the breast so she can dip them in flower to cook them in the skillet with onions and make gravy. Like she does the liver and onions. Hm Hm good!!

I like bird livers... chicken as a rule... cooked in butta' med rare... and served in pan juices with mayo on side... omg! :rolleyes: soo good! yep!

much less excited about beef, though~

I love all liver, The liver in question is hog liver, With onions and gravy, Oh so good!
I like bird livers... chicken as a rule... cooked in butta' med rare... and served in pan juices with mayo on side... omg! :rolleyes: soo good! yep!

much less excited about beef, though~

Chicken and turkey gizzards are even better.

Sounds like it was a damn good shoot with plenty of closeby water for the birds...maybe ya'll will wear'em out again like that this opening day. I've been on a many a shoot just like you're talking about. I've still got a couple of MEC reloaders from past yrs in 12 and 20. Used to really like to reload the ol' Federal Gold Cup high brass, Fiocchi's...but I'd reload all of em.

I like to reload the federal hulls with the 12so wads 1 0z, or the 12s3 with 1 1/8 oz 7/1/2 shot, good load.

Attachments

• arboristes site 005.JPG
    arboristes site 005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 6
One patch looks pretty good, after I cultivated it. Not sure about the other one, But a seed is a seed! the birds still like them. To much water to keep the grass out. ( So be it ) doves like little seeds!

Attachments

• 2013-01-31 001 015.JPG
    2013-01-31 001 015.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • 2013-01-31 001 012.JPG
    2013-01-31 001 012.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
  • 2013-01-31 001 011.JPG
    2013-01-31 001 011.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Back