Super Cedar?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Reaction score
Anyone use them?

Back about 6 years ago I got a few with my Blaze King.

The other day I had the idea of buying a bulk qty and offering them for sale and including one per cord of wood bought.

Got ahold of the company and they require about $1000 order for bulk pricing. Ok, makes sense. A bit more than I expected, but I think it'd still work out.

Shipping.... it first worked to nearly the cost of the product by shipping with USPS. I asked about a freight shipment vs seperate boxes and then they came up with somewhere in the area of $350.

I asked if the pallet could be dropped to the port in Fife, WA (about 50 miles from them). It'd ship under my barge shipping account for around .25/lb (around $125)

Out of the blue that seemed like a crazy request. First "our truckers won't deliver to the port". I don't know the story on that but the port handles this exact type of thing so that seemed odd.

I then ask then if they could do a UPS or FedEx Freight shipment, or heck if they could even deliver it. Now I'm told "YOU need to arrange your own shipping". Maybe 50 miles is a crazy distant down there in WA? Here most folks drive twice a day to get to work.

Over the years I've shipped lots of stuff by having the company ship to Fife and then me handle it from there, it's never been much hassle. I did it recently for 500lbs worth of dump truck hoist which came from Texas (free shipping L48 even), a firewood bundler, tires for a truck, feller buncher undercarriage parts (that was about 1.5 tons), etc.

Does what I'm asking seem unrealistic considering I'm looking to spend a grand with them?

I have used them for the past 7 years. No kindling, no paper.

I'm sure they are a small operation. What you see on their website is what they are prepared to handle/ship.
Unrealistic? No... but its their choice if they want to deal with the hassle.

You either are dealing with a shady company or an unmotivated employee who isn't paid on commission.

If you want an order shipped to X address that's all they need to do, get it there.

Back