• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Super Clean Poulan 245A

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

echoshawn

....Beer is good.....
Reaction score
OK, to start off, I can't say for certain if this is an amazingly nice survivor saw, or a nice restoration with a ton of NOS parts. There are aspects that don't add up either way, so I'll let you be the judge.
The bar appears to be a period correct Windsor with logo.
Chain, while branded Poulan, appears to be a modern Oregon??
Spur drive shows almost no sign of use.
Muffler is spotless inside.
Front handlebar grip in perfect condition.
rear handle looks like it may have been repainted?
There are screws that have painted that I wouldn't thing would have been painted out of the factory, but I don't know for sure, plus some overspray on the throttle lock that is suspect.
Piston looks to be new.
So, I can't say for sure either way. I documented it some of the inconsistencies in pics.
But, it's a 9+ out of 10 in my book. I didn't bother fueling it, or putting my tester on it, but definitely solid compression.
May have gone overboard with pics and description, but I want there to be no question as to how accurately I've attempted to describe it.
$300, or best reasonable offer.
I have no idea if I'm high or low on price, but it's what I'm asking + actual shipping.
Possibly open to partial trades, but need some cash in the deal.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/echoshawn/media/20130829_201721_zpsf238ad77.jpg.html

Any comments would be appreciated, including if I'm way out of line on price. Shooting from the hip on this one.

real clean nice saw, but guys are still finding them cheaper, although not in quite as nice as shape. I got mine cheaper, in near that condition, close, but yours is nicer. Mine was def used, but still not too shabby condition. Cut several cord with it, was my first larger saw.

I think if more guys would run one, they would see how nice they really are, plenty of power in a well balanced light package.

Any comments would be appreciated, including if I'm way out of line on price. Shooting from the hip on this one.

Shawn, I think you are fine asking whatever you want to ask. It is worth whatever someone is willing to pay. She is a beuitiful saw for sure. I would say $225 shipping included.

Thanks guys. I kinda figured I was a bit on the high side, but never hurts to try. I'm gonna actually run compression on it tomorrow, and fire it off. Who knows, might be a keeper, I just don't have space for the saws I have currently, and I no longer have a garage to work in.
I'll feel better being able to show it runs as good as it looks.
I'd appreciate feedback on if people think its a true original, or restoration job. There are plenty of contridictions I'm seeing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I kinda figured I was a bit on the high side, but never hurts to try. I'm gonna actually run compression on it tomorrow, and fire it off. Who knows, might be a keeper, I just don't have space for the saws I have currently, and I no longer have a garage to work in.
I'd appreciate feedback on if people think its a true original, or restoration job. There are plenty of contridictions I'm seeing.

Would you be interested in a good running Husqvarna 350 (2003 production 45mm 52cc version without purge bulb) in trade for the 245A?

Just saying that all the things your pointing out actually are positive indicators that your saw is indeed a 100% original untouched original from what I'm seeing. I remember them when they were new.

If any saw its worth what your asking, that time capsule should be one of them.

If I didn't already have half a dozen of them already including a unfired restored one and not having unlimited funds....

First of all, I apologize for not responding to the offer sooner. Will pm my response.
Work has been nuts, so computer time has been limited.
Second, thanks Mark for your opinion. I did take a short video of firing it up, and from bone dry, took 4 pulls. Cold, unstarted compression was 120..
Runs as good as it looks.
Will post video this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back