Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_20150419_133248.jpg

The Mighty Mice get to ride on the back seat :)

Slackerz !!!!
That exactly my wife hates it when i get wood. Thats funny ****

I converted a few of the 026 saws over to MS260 airfilters and plastic covers, the 260 airfilters are larger and have a bigger surface area to allow more air to the carb. The filters are not the standard flockked ones but are a newer type material that allows better airflow through them and I have not seen any fine dust get through them either. The fuel tank vent on the older 026`s has to be modified for this swap but that is an easy task.

I converted a few of the 026 saws over to MS260 airfilters and plastic covers, the 260 airfilters are larger and have a bigger surface area to allow more air to the carb. The filters are not the standard flockked ones but are a newer type material that allows better airflow through them and I have not seen any fine dust get through them either. The fuel tank vent on the older 026`s has to be modified for this swap but that is an easy task.
Ill need to get one. My filter sucks in wot on the 026

Ill need to get one. My filter sucks in wot on the 026
I found that the ported 026`s benifit some with the bigger area filter but you need to use the bigger airfilter cover also. Huztl is selling the whole kit very reasonable, top cover,airfilter cover and the airfilter.

I found that the ported 026`s benifit some with the bigger area filter but you need to use the bigger airfilter cover also. Huztl is selling the whole kit very reasonable, top cover,airfilter cover and the airfilter.
Cool. Mine dont have a cover anyways and not to shure if i want on or not. Prolly will get the cover

I have a 262XP and a 272XP that need that treatment.......both owned by the same guy.....pulpwood cutter.....never lifted a finger to clean either one. 272 didn't have spark.....pulled the recoil cover...could not see any part of the coil.....put the cover right back on....in under the bench they went......gotta save these both for a rainy day....poor......both look to be in pretty nice shape...under the crud...but gotta be in the right frame of mind to deal with that kind of buildup.......

I have a 262XP and a 272XP that need that treatment.......both owned by the same guy.....pulpwood cutter.....never lifted a finger to clean either one. 272 didn't have spark.....pulled the recoil cover...could not see any part of the coil.....put the cover right back on....in under the bench they went......gotta save these both for a rainy day....poor......both look to be in pretty nice shape...under the crud...but gotta be in the right frame of mind to deal with that kind of buildup.......

Yeap,...pulpers, they sure mess up a saw but their saws make them money til they don`t, then they get a new saw. Most shops won`t work on pulpers saws anyway, takes too much time to clean off the crud to find a problem, never know what`s hiding under all that crud.

Power sprayer then easy off fume free oven cleaner and plastic bristle brush. Point squirt squirt to the dang ol swish swish. Its real easy man

Back