Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found at bottom of page 2, what happened no body since I posted my 440 picture, John Deere that is

Sorry Ice......I'm in London right now and been a bit slack......pretty nice looking unit...Clean!!....fronts 50%...rears 65%.....and wicked good chains!!!! What's not to love!!!???

Fun to operate too. Great to just head out for most any direction and build a trail to skid on. Knocks down trees if they aren't to big, then drive over them to make a trail. You constantly have to be on the lookout for joe pokes that keep want to get in the cab with you. I've only had it for a little over 5 yrs so there's a lot left to learn, I'm not real good on step ground, haven't had a lot of practice.

Fun to operate too. Great to just head out for most any direction and build a trail to skid on. Knocks down trees if they aren't to big, then drive over them to make a trail. You constantly have to be on the lookout for joe pokes that keep want to get in the cab with you. I've only had it for a little over 5 yrs so there's a lot left to learn, I'm not real good on step ground, haven't had a lot of practice.

Those things can hurt or kill you real easy if you don`t pay constant attention to what`s going on. I have seen them rolled over,flipped and rolled off a cliff, all very dangerous to the operator.

Had a good childhood friend who ran skidder for over 30 yrs and never tipped one over. Worked for the same contractor all those yrs. boss said he was the slowest operator he'd ever seen, but at the end of the day he had as many logs as the hotdogs and they weren't working on his skidder all the time. Around here you wouldn't believe the terrain they skid on "Its said steeper then the back of Gods neck". Skidder said wont go up the trails just down, they have to have go back trails to get on top then straight down the hill, can't go sideards tip over. Some fun.

Had a good childhood friend who ran skidder for over 30 yrs and never tipped one over. Worked for the same contractor all those yrs. boss said he was the slowest operator he'd ever seen, but at the end of the day he had as many logs as the hotdogs and they weren't working on his skidder all the time. Around here you wouldn't believe the terrain they skid on "Its said steeper then the back of Gods neck". Skidder said wont go up the trails just down, they have to have go back trails to get on top then straight down the hill, can't go sideards tip over. Some fun.

That is the terrain we have here,very hilly and so easy to tip a machine over on it, hardly any flat ground in the forest around here, if it is flat it has been cultivated unless it is a swamp.

I'm working on my own ground and it's all pretty flat, just right for us old farts.

Much safer than the slopes. Up here the slopes are about all that is left with trees on them so we never really get to work on flat ground. Was the same way out in BC years back.

Latest posts

Back