Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What in the world happend to this place? It used to be that the only two saw brands were stihl and husky and then dolmar crept in there. The ms361 was the saw to have. The ms440 and 372xp were highly debated. All the old timers like Tom Hall and lakeside are gone. I see sawtroll still posts but not as frequent as he used to.

Now echo is popular and the place is a cluster. What happend?

Oh and what happend to the rep system. It used to be fun to see trolls obliterated with red dots.

Oh and I have nothing against echo it is just odd seing it as the popular saw.

What in the world happend to this place? It used to be that the only two saw brands were stihl and husky and then dolmar crept in there. The ms361 was the saw to have. The ms440 and 372xp were highly debated. All the old timers like Tom Hall and lakeside are gone. I see sawtroll still posts but not as frequent as he used to.

Now echo is popular and the place is a cluster. What happend?

Oh and what happend to the rep system. It used to be fun to see trolls obliterated with red dots.

Oh and I have nothing against echo it is just odd seing it as the popular saw.
The 361 and 440 are Stihl the saws to have, thall and lakeside got burnt out, I think, Niko can be found on the good morning thread, reps went away with the new XenForo provider. Good to see old members posting again

The good old days are just that, time moves on and members burn out, their interest changes and new members sign on. Saws change as new models come out and the site fills up with enthusiasts and the real users of chainsaws like loggers and pro arborists go quietly into the sunset. Occasional use and firewood saws have taken over and there will always be some cookie cutters hanging around.

The good old days are just that, time moves on and members burn out, their interest changes and new members sign on. Saws change as new models come out and the site fills up with enthusiasts and the real users of chainsaws like loggers and pro arborists go quietly into the sunset. Occasional use and firewood saws have taken over and there will always be some cookie cutters hanging around.

But change scares me. I wanna stick my head in the sand and pretend that new technology is bad.:sucks:

Had a chance to run 3 of my 026 Mighty Mouses today, cut up two full truckloads of nice hardwood for firewood today. Temps were nice early this morning but climbed quickly by noon, was sweating heavily by lunchtime. A local Radio station brought us lunch today, Q104.3 brought us pizza ,pop and bottled water, they call themselves,The Construction Crew, we sure appreciated their efforts.

I always forget about my 026, probably haven't used it for two years, put a new 194 on it tuned it then hung it up. Was always going to have it ground on but thought maybe it was to old. Think I'll get it out tomorrow and run it some.

The 026 can be a nice surprise once its opened up and timed correctly. I have just about stopped using my bigger saws now that I run these modified 026`s, they seem so light weight and cut just about as fast as a much heavier 044 but just in the small diameter wood we are cutting now.

Warm here also, lots of blackflies out tonight, I stirred plenty of them up when splitting wood.

Yeah they're out here too.......got 'em going pretty good night before last mowing my 2 weeks growth of lawn.....mowed it the first time the night before we left.....didn't really need it .........but it sure did when we got back!!!!!

The guy next door to the home I was working today was out mowing his lawn, its fairly shaded and does not get much of a breeze. He nearly got ate alive, had blood running from his arms and forehead. I suggested he should use some fly dope but he refused to put some on, I offered him to use mine but nope,he don`t like the smell of it....LOL

Things just won`t stand still, progress is the buzz word!
Change is the only constant!!
Jerry ran your FABULOUS 026 last few days! Got that red and white oak that was left over the power lines. Plus I found some more! Got an all white oak load today with " Mighty Mouse!" Love that stuff! Got 3 trees today that were about a ft across and the 026 just blew right thru them with a new Woodland Pro chisel chain. Love that saw!! Best small saw I've ever had the great pleasure to run. And you know I Loved my old Orange Top 44!!
Wood pile is growing!
Need Rain!!!
Take care Friend!

Change is the only constant!!
Jerry ran your FABULOUS 026 last few days! Got that red and white oak that was left over the power lines. Plus I found some more! Got an all white oak load today with " Mighty Mouse!" Love that stuff! Got 3 trees today that were about a ft across and the 026 just blew right thru them with a new Woodland Pro chisel chain. Love that saw!! Best small saw I've ever had the great pleasure to run. And you know I Loved my old Orange Top 44!!
Wood pile is growing!
Need Rain!!!
Take care Friend!

Good score on getting the oak, good to hear the 026 is doing you good, mine are cutting machines. I traded one of my 026`s for a near new MS362 and I havn`t hardly used that saw yet, very smooth and powerful but the 026`s are cutting so good that the 362 feels like a tank...LOL
Hope it keeps cutting fine and helps pile up the wood too. We need rain as well, have 3 days of it in the forecast for next week, I had to water the gardens tonight for the first time this year. Take care Bobby and say hi to Ruth Anne for me.

I always forget about my 026, probably haven't used it for two years, put a new 194 on it tuned it then hung it up. Was always going to have it ground on but thought maybe it was to old. Think I'll get it out tomorrow and run it some.
The 026 can be a nice surprise once its opened up and timed correctly. I have just about stopped using my bigger saws now that I run these modified 026`s, they seem so light weight and cut just about as fast as a much heavier 044 but just in the small diameter wood we are cutting now.
Ran my 026 some the other day and realized what a great saw I had, bought the saw new many years ago to carry in my truck while hunting really haven't used it much. Now I am curious about how to go about making it into a Mighty Mouse.

Ran my 026 some the other day and realized what a great saw I had, bought the saw new many years ago to carry in my truck while hunting really haven't used it much. Now I am curious about how to go about making it into a Mighty Mouse.
Ported 026 is my go to saw.
16" bar will solve most problems.

Hey Chris.
Hey Jerry.

Hey Rob, I've got a 20" bar on mine but I have an 18" I was going to try. Both bars are 3/8 50 with full skip full chisel, what I use on most everything. Hope you had a good time at the gathering. Haven't seen tbone on here for awhile but I'm not here all the time hope all is well.

Back