Sure is quiet in here....do I need to start a fight?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well at least its running, the carbs on them can be a pain in the butt sometimes so I try to get them clean and put in a kit. If they won`t tune or hold a tune after that then it gets a new carb, the ones Hutzl sells work great but need just a little modification on the exterior needle guard to fit into a 026, they are really meant to fit the MS260. I have a few good spare OEM made WT194`s that seem to work best on the 026.

Well at least its running, the carbs on them can be a pain in the butt sometimes so I try to get them clean and put in a kit. If they won`t tune or hold a tune after that then it gets a new carb, the ones Hutzl sells work great but need just a little modification on the exterior needle guard to fit into a 026, they are really meant to fit the MS260. I have a few good spare OEM made WT194`s that seem to work best on the 026.
The carb got cleaned and a new kit

May have to get a new on tho

That happens sometimes, just can`t get the small passages clean enough below the carb floor or sometimes the needle seat has been damaged by others before you get to work on it, if the needles get rammed in too hard against the seat damage can occur that will cause the carb to not tune again, too much fuel getting past the needle most times. Even a leaking Welch plug will cause an erratic idle.

Seasonal check in!.....Well we've had one of the weakest spring seasons I can remember, not much rain and very little grass in the paddocks, what is there is already going to seed!......Temps very high for this time of year, around 26*--30*C warm enough to bring the snakes out early and we've had one minor bush fire, not a good sign of things to come, considering the start of summer is still two months away.

I haven't been here for awhile, haven't been anywhere on AS really. Been helping my youngest son who is moving here from Phoenix to start a new job with an outfit from Billings Montana, been going back and forth, now he's headed for Wisconsin to some more school, he's a generator/diesel mechanic. This outfit sells an other brand than his last employer, they're pretty much all the same but needs the schooling for warranty work.

I haven't been here for awhile, haven't been anywhere on AS really. Been helping my youngest son who is moving here from Phoenix to start a new job with an outfit from Billings Montana, been going back and forth, now he's headed for Wisconsin to some more school, he's a generator/diesel mechanic. This outfit sells an other brand than his last employer, they're pretty much all the same but needs the schooling for warranty work.

Good to see you again, have noticed you not on here for a while. How are you healing up?

That`s awesome, very pleased to hear that. Always great to get back out into the woods, I have had a little woods work this year but spent way more time working on the camp at the lake and doing my usual work. Looking forward to finding a little time to work on saws again.

I thought so, the place really needed it and I wanted to get it done before I get to old n feeble to do that kind of work. its in a remote location and stuff is rather difficult to get it there, all needs to be brought up by boat.

Yep....just like living or working on an island.......lots of lugging involved......

Yep....just like living or working on an island.......lots of lugging involved......

Yep, been doing it since 1958 on this one, everything one needs must be boated there and dragged up from the shore, that is what makes these places unique. There are times I wish I had a barge.

Back in the long time-agos my father was a building contractor on the lake we live on. When he got a job building a new cabin the first thing would build the owners their dock, then use it to float material to the cabin site. Now there's roads to all cabins, really different

I had two floating decks at diff times up there but they were a bear to get out of the water in late fall, just before freeze up. They could easily transport a ton but its a long tow from the bottom of the lake to the top. There are now several outboard powered quad pontoon barges on the lake, They can transport a 5 ton excavator, roads are approaching my end of the lake and in a few more years I may be able to drive right to my place.

Wow!!! I gotta say we are at peak foliage colors right now. Went up over the ridge to take care of Hoss late this afternoon...the sun was at a very low angle and the sky itself had a golden glow which really touched off the oranges, yellows and reds of the trees!!! I actually had to pull over on the top of the ridge and just stare out across the low hills and valleys....simply stunning.......

Latest posts

Back